Talk

Advanced search

Help please, smart supper tonight - what shall I wear?

(15 Posts)
DontKnowWhatToWear Fri 22-Jul-11 10:38:46

Photos on profile of 3 possible dresses. I don't really have "dinner" dresses, I either have black tie or more like wedding or summer event type dresses. Nothing in between and no budget to buy so need to use what I have.

The photos don't really do any of the dresses justice, they are all pretty and lovely fabrics so hang/flow really nicely, but I don't know what to choose!

It's a smart supper at the house of some very good friends, big occasion, catered dinner, they're pulling out all the stops and everyone will be well dressed and dressed up as a result. Men not in ties, but probably in jackets. Ladies in dresses and heels I suspect.

The blue/flowery one I can dress up with a lovely sequinned wrap to make it more evening-like. Usual rules re grown up jewellery and sparkly earrings will apply.

The green/grey one is quite sparkly in itself, but possibly just a bit too wedding/christening.

Please help!

DontKnowWhatToWear Fri 22-Jul-11 11:01:16

bump!

<desperate>

onehellofaride Fri 22-Jul-11 12:09:36

not keen on the top one but either of the other two will look lovely! Probably the middle one will look the smartest IMO

thestringcheeseincident Fri 22-Jul-11 12:18:49

I like the second one best. It's really pretty and will look nice with heels etc.

Mumelie Fri 22-Jul-11 12:36:25

I like the middel one the most.

Mumelie Fri 22-Jul-11 12:36:44

middle even!

pink4ever Fri 22-Jul-11 15:02:01

I like them all. Is the third one from Monsoon? because looks very like one I have been eyeing up in the sale!.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Fri 22-Jul-11 15:05:03

Middle one, definitely. Enjoy your evening.

DontKnowWhatToWear Fri 22-Jul-11 15:08:56

Sounds like the middle one wins! I was thinking it was a bit wedding like, rather than evening dress...

And pink - yes, it is from Monsoon. I absolutely love it, but it is probably a bit summer picnic rather than swanky supper!

Thanks all - just off for a final try on of number 2 and number 3!

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Fri 22-Jul-11 15:09:23

Middle one smile

OohThatsMyTractor Fri 22-Jul-11 15:11:28

Middle one smile

WhatsWrongWithYou Fri 22-Jul-11 15:28:04

And another middle one.

brookeslay Fri 22-Jul-11 15:40:58

Middle one what make is it monsoon too ?

DontKnowWhatToWear Fri 22-Jul-11 16:11:50

Just tried them both on, definitely the middle one, you are all sooooo right, you clever lot! MN comes through once again.....

It is Phase Eight - bought a couple of years ago, only worn once, I actually love it and am very pleased to be wearing it again....

KaraToytown Fri 22-Jul-11 17:11:21

I have that green/grey Phase 8 dress as well. I've worn it to several weddings but also wore it to my 40th birthday lunch with different jewellery and bag.

Enjoy your evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now