Talk

Advanced search

Help going to Fuerteventura on Monday

(11 Posts)
honeytoast Fri 22-Jul-11 09:30:32

Please advise what I can pack I want a capsule suitcase...I am totally at a lost

HarrogateMum Fri 22-Jul-11 13:37:27

how long is the trip? I am off to Spain for a week in August and am taking 3 bikinis (god knows why, will be at villa with DH and kids), 2 maxi dresses, one beach cover up, 1 skirt, 1 pair of crops, 1 pair of linen trews and probably an assortment of about 6 vests/tops. 1 x flip flops, 1 x sneakers to travel in, 1 pair of dress up shoes and a cardigan. Thats your lot!

homeaway Fri 22-Jul-11 14:22:58

hmm have been asking myself the same question for my hols! I have decided to travel in trousers, flat shoes , t shirt and cardigan. To go in my bag so far I have a couple of bikinis, two or three cover ups and seven dresses with various cardigans, one pair of heels and two pairs of flip flops. We will be gone for two weeks and i will be able to wash things, so i figure i can get away with wearing each dress twice! I do remember one holiday in the south of France where it rained for one week and i forgot to pack my flats. Flip flops are no fun in the rain. I try to put everything on the floor and see what skirts go with what tops etc, i find this saves me taking two of the same colour of anything.

honeytoast Fri 22-Jul-11 14:51:43

Thanks guys I am going for 11 nights that has given me something to get started with

omnishambles Fri 22-Jul-11 14:54:36

It is very very sunny - you can get burnt in the shade so if you're pale I would take long sleeves in case you're out at midday.

It can very breezy in the evening, in fact its windy all day long but therefore breezy in the evening.

Around Corralejo is an odd mix of English fry-up and surfy so you can go laidback surfy up there if you want to blend in.

honeytoast Fri 22-Jul-11 15:14:48

Hi omnishamble, I am medium skin tan easy, we are going to Jandia just me and my DS 13, staying all inclusive. Have got plenty of bottle of factor 30

brookeslay Fri 22-Jul-11 15:17:41

you can adapt these lists

Gillybobs Fri 22-Jul-11 15:20:25

Just back from a ten day break in spain, Took 3 swimsuits, 4 little cotton sundresses for over swimwear/wandering around during the day, 3 cotton skirts for at night and a selection of little tops to match up with them, 2 maxi dresses, one pair of linen trousers, and two little shrug cardis for evening. Accessory wise I took a canvas tote as a carry on/beach bag, a cross body bag for shopping/excursions and a little evening bag. For footwear flip flops, comfy sandals for walking and dressier sandals for evening.

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 22-Jul-11 16:14:52

For my holiday in the Algarve I took

3 x bikinis
1 x cropped lightweight cargo type trousers which I wore to travel in with white long sleeve t and denim jacket
2 x strapless sundresses for daytime
various vest tops to wear with the trousers in the day (trousers v lightweight and so not hot)
1 x maxi dress
2 x other summer dresses to wear in evening
1 x cardigan
1 x breton long sleeve top
1 x sun hat

1 x flip flops
1 x ballet flats
1 x flat gold sandals

Fuctifano Fri 22-Jul-11 17:58:46

Just back from 2 weeks AI in Fuerteventura:
2 floaty cover up/kaftany things for day time- could be worn over leggings and vest top in the evening.
3 maxi dresses
2 pairs of leggings one cropped with lace hem, one ankle length
2 tankinis
denim mini
3 different coloured vest tops
2 light weight waterfall cardis - needed at night as wind does pick up but in a good way
pink birkies
one pair midi wedges

I was a bit apprehensive as this was my first trip to the Canaries and first AI. Was great very relaxing I'm sure you and DS will have a great time.

honeytoast Fri 22-Jul-11 21:30:42

Thank you every one given me some ideas

Cant wait to spend some quality time with DS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now