Talk

Advanced search

How do you know whats going to be in fashion?

(12 Posts)
Nospringflower Thu 21-Jul-11 22:00:31

Went shopping after work tonight and a lot of the autumn stuff was in the shops. How do you know what the fashion is going to be? Is there a website that can talk me through it? Thanks for any help.

Nospringflower Thu 21-Jul-11 22:10:16

Wondered about this and this.
thanks

FoundWanting Thu 21-Jul-11 22:11:09

From what I've seen, it is going to be A-line leather skirts; elbow patches on jackets and jumpers, and ponchos. hmm

Every magazine (which I don't often buy but they are all on-line) will have a Hot Looks/Key Trends for Autumn next month.

FoundWanting Thu 21-Jul-11 22:13:46

I like both of those - very useful but not necessarily 'fashion'.

Nospringflower Thu 21-Jul-11 22:13:51

Oh oh! I did elbow patches in the 70's!! Not against an a line skirt but leather hmmm. Did buy a Grazia mag today but maybe need to look at more. Decided I had enough summer clothes plus its freezing so thought i would think out my next clothes. Thanks.

Nospringflower Thu 21-Jul-11 22:14:50

Well, when I say fashion, I really just dont want to be unfashionable so thanks for liking those smile

tethersend Thu 21-Jul-11 22:15:20

I reckon it will be ankle socks and court shoes.

FoundWanting Thu 21-Jul-11 22:15:59

I feel the same about ponchos. I had one years ago and my brother used to follow me around singing Malpaso Man.

SkelleyBones Thu 21-Jul-11 22:32:03

Silk printed trousers anyone, I often think the fashion editors are taking the piss to see if they can actually convince some prat to buy this stuff.

FoundWanting Thu 21-Jul-11 22:36:11

Asos have got some ideas.

mippy Fri 22-Jul-11 09:19:55

I think the best rule is to buy what you like out of what's out there. What's 'on-trend' (ugh) rarely suits me, but this rule serves me well. It's not school anymore, nobody will mock you for having the 'wrong' shoes.

Nospringflower Fri 22-Jul-11 19:21:29

Well, I agree with buying what suits you and what you like and I'm not worried about people mocking me but I'd still rather wear things that arent what you're granny would be wearing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now