Talk

Advanced search

Totally and utterly waterproof volumising mascara recommendations needed please

(8 Posts)
SoftKittyWarmKitty Thu 21-Jul-11 22:00:00

I'm going on holiday next month and the only make up I wear at the beach is mascara - I look like a corpse without it. I used to use L'Oréal Voluminous but they stopped doing a waterproof version a while ago, so I'm on the hunt for a new one. It needs to be totally waterproof as I'll be in and out of the pool/sea with DS, plus suitable for wearing with contacts (although I think most are these days). Any recommendations? I'm willing to spend around £20 for the right one.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Thu 21-Jul-11 22:02:01

Forgot to say I need a volumising one because my lashes are quite sparse and look stacks better with volumising mascara.

Northumberlandlass Thu 21-Jul-11 22:04:18

Hey, would you consider getting your eyelashes tinted & then wear clear mascara? A few of my fairer headed friends do this, it's their saviour !

SoftKittyWarmKitty Thu 21-Jul-11 22:06:16

Good idea, but unfortunately that's not volumising enough.

ameliagrey Thu 21-Jul-11 22:40:01

Lancome mascara is brill- I use Hypnose and think they do a waterproof version- and it's £20.

valiumredhead Thu 21-Jul-11 22:46:34

I know it gets slated on MN but I really rate No 7 waterproof mascara in the blue tube. It's £11 and doesn't shift until you take it off, and then it comes off easily and you don;t lose half your lashes!

Shell178 Thu 21-Jul-11 23:03:35

I'll be watching this thread as I'm on the lookout for the same as you. I've tried the following so far;

Lancome - This is my favourite non waterproof mascara but the waterproof version is not so nice. Best one so far though but I don't love it.

Max Factor - Great application but not waterproof, even smudges!

Maybelline Intense XXL - awful!! Makes lashes really hard and lumpy.

Hope you find something!

SoftKittyWarmKitty Fri 22-Jul-11 10:39:38

I currently use Dior Diorshow - wonder if the waterproof version of that is totally waterproof - anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now