Talk

Advanced search

Dark eyes and pale skin - stop me looking washed out please!!

(8 Posts)
WheresTheCat Thu 21-Jul-11 21:56:23

I used to look 'pale and interesting' but these days I just look washed out. I haven't changed my make up ever in years, and would just love to know what you ladies use to make you glow - it seems these days I just look knackered!

TattyDevine Thu 21-Jul-11 22:16:35

You need to have your colours done!!!

I know we all bang on about it on here and there are a few who think its bonkers but honestly its really about not wearing the wrong colours (both on face and body) that make you look washed out or sick or ashen or pink or whatever it is that makes you look wrong grin

Also about hair colour.

On that note, do you dye your hair? Are you dying it your "original" colour and need to come up a few shades if you are getting on a bit - don't know how old you are.

But honestly, if your colours are "in balance", you should not look washed out.

I had mine done with House of Colour, best thing I ever did.

PercyPigPie Thu 21-Jul-11 22:35:17

I second what Tatty said. I had my colours done and was really surprised by the outcome.

I would say you need bold bright colours, but may be wrong.

WheresTheCat Fri 22-Jul-11 08:13:47

Where do I get my colours done? Sounds like a good idea, as I've been wearing the same colours/make up for a long while!
I do colour my hair so would you recommend going lighter? At the moment it's my original shade before I went grey

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 22-Jul-11 13:15:00

I've had to start wearing blusher as otherwise I look dead!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 22-Jul-11 17:05:54

I was thinking it'd be a hair thing, I have dark hair and pale skin (in photos I look like an east european hooker because of the flashlight).

I used to dye my hair darker and I looked ill, I'd go lighter.

I look better when I drink 2lt of water a day and only have one cup of tea/coffee. Boring but workssmile I look fresher.

WheresTheCat Fri 22-Jul-11 18:47:28

I have a hair appt booked for next week, so will chat to my hairdresser about getting it lightened. Think I could probably do with a new hairstyle too actually, at the moment it's all the same length and looks flat.
Better start looking for hairstyles too then smile

MrsPellereau Fri 22-Jul-11 19:22:38

I am the same, dark eyes, dark hair, v v pale skin and purple eye bags.

I haven't actually had my colours done, but do find that I look dreadful with too much black near my face, so stick to navy, charcoal grey etc. Am sure a colour consultant would be able to expand on this.

Other things I find help are having highlights, my hairdresser does something not sure what which gives the impression my hair is just a few shades lighter than the black brown it is, rather than obvious streaks.

I also wear a very light sweeping of bronzer over the top of foundation in my natural shade this doesn't look orange, but just takes the edge of the white. I also wear a small amount of blusher on my cheeks.

Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now