Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear a hat for a wedding in a registry office?

(10 Posts)
RichTeaAreCrap Thu 21-Jul-11 21:39:12

I am going to a wedding soon and don't know what to do. It will be quite glam I think.

Its in a registry office and then very casual place after for something to eat.

I don't think I want to wear a fascinator because I think they are a bit naff (but could be convinced otherwise if you think they are not).

So, do I wear nothing on my head or do I look for a hat?

I have a nice outfit to wear that will look nice with or without.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Thu 21-Jul-11 21:49:30

I got married last year in a registry office & no-one wore a hat to mine (all the family typical middle class types) they just all wore beautiful smart clothes & it was fine.I really would not worry too much about a hat (& yes I think fascinators look naff too)

Karbea Fri 22-Jul-11 08:19:37

Hello I got married in a registry office this year. The majority of people wore nothing on their heads, a couple wore fascinators. If I were going to a reg office wedding I wouldn't, hats/fascinators just don't suit the venue.

upahill Fri 22-Jul-11 08:53:37

My SIL got married in a registry a couple of weeks ago and no one wore a hat.
Saying that apart from her and her now DH the only people that were there were her 3 sons, me, DH and my two sons!

archanat10 Fri 22-Jul-11 11:28:16

Sounds quite nice! Haven't attended any, but i would might just wear one, if it really works with dress smile

RichTeaAreCrap Fri 22-Jul-11 16:15:02

Ok, so hat definately out - I thought it may be a bit over the top for the venue.

I'll probably be the only one without anything on my head. I have been told that most of the girls/ladies are wearing fascinators. For some reason I just can't bring myself to wear one!

JanMorrow Fri 22-Jul-11 17:27:57

Fascinators are generally a bit ridiculous I think..

WhollyGhost Fri 22-Jul-11 17:32:15

Not everyone wore a hat/fascinator for the royal wedding - the most formal one imaginable. e.g. Samantha Cameron just had an ornate hair clip.

iklboo Fri 22-Jul-11 17:46:41

I wore a sort of fascinator to the posh wedding I went to this year. It was basically a fabric rose on a headband. Something on me head, but not a hat. I looks a twat in a hat, I does.

MooMinCow Fri 22-Jul-11 18:11:47

maybe an ornate hair clip/slide or a fresh flower if you are wearing your hair up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now