Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof/Windproof Jacket - for camping trips?

(11 Posts)
fraggle73 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:01:21

Need a waterproof jacket for a camping trip in September and also going to Center Parcs. I have looked in my local TKMaxx for any Berghaus/Regatta etc but they didnt have any in stock in my size.
Can anyone suggest a brand or jacket.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Thu 21-Jul-11 21:39:52

I have a berghaus jacket & I would not swap it for the world but I know people that say the same about north face,both are expensive but the quality lasts years & does what it says on the tin grin

fraggle73 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:41:58

just seen the North Face Resolve, cant make my mind up between black or ivory....

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Thu 21-Jul-11 21:45:27

should also have put that I have a barber that I could not live without either,nothing gets through that beauty in any weather

& if I was you I would go for the black,ivory may look pretty but when covered in mud ect it won't,my all weather coats are dark grey (berghaus) & traditional green (barber) both do not show the crap that the outdoors chucks at you lol

fraggle73 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:47:34

which barber one have u got? the ivory does look nice. but I know what you mean.

Clure Thu 21-Jul-11 21:51:27

I've just bought this bargain today, haven't bought this brand before, hoping it'll do the trick!

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Thu 21-Jul-11 22:00:36

blimey clure that looks blooming marvellous,just the ticket & the price is fabby

the barbour I have is a border,just went to have a look,all I know is it's roomy enough to put jumpers under,run around after dc/dogs ect & if you can stand the chore of re-waxing the best coat on the planet grin

fraggle73 Thu 21-Jul-11 22:01:46

just seen the resolve in dark pink (fuschia) , now I am confused!

SlobDylan Thu 21-Jul-11 22:40:53

Cotswold Outdoor have the Resolve jacket on sale at £55 in green or blue

Soups Fri 22-Jul-11 08:12:37

I have the Resolve and it's a good jacket for the money if you get it for the £60 and below offers. I use it for family walks, camping etc , then use my more expensive jacket for proper walking. I'd get a size up tho, North Face come up a bit on the small side. My usual size did fit, but not if I wanted to put a sweater on underneath.

higgle Fri 22-Jul-11 11:03:29

I've got the Resolve in Ivory - it is washable and folds up very small. I'm quite pleased with mine. I bought it for my recent trip to Iceland where I expected it to be warmish but rainy, and it was great on the 2 days I got rained on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now