Talk

Advanced search

Help-just had eyebrows dyed!

(13 Posts)
malteaserbunny Thu 21-Jul-11 17:16:07

As the subject line suggests.....

Went to the beauty salon for my usual eyelash tint. I have fair hair and fair skin so it's a neccessity! They offered me a complementary eyebrow tint and I thought why the hell not?!

Got home and they are soooo dark. I have already used cleanser and facewash on them to try and tone them down a bit but no luck.

Any tips?

KatieScarlett2833 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:17:01

They'll die down in a week or so.

Dillydollydaydream Thu 21-Jul-11 17:17:29

Maybe facial bleach (jolene?) just wash it off when they look the right colour?
Other than that not sure

apple99 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:19:15

Mine usually fade after a couple of days. You are probably just not used to them being dark, I bet they look great.

allhailtheaubergine Thu 21-Jul-11 17:19:44

I used facial bleach when I did the same thing.

EnSuiteShed Thu 21-Jul-11 17:19:50

I'm really sorry but I dont think there is anything that will take it off/make it lighter. Only time.... (I'm an ex-beauty therapist)

BerryLellow Thu 21-Jul-11 17:21:00

They will fade quickly, and probably aren't as bad as you think. I always get a shock when I see mine, but actually they look perfectly normal.

malteaserbunny Thu 21-Jul-11 17:26:16

I'm hoping that it's just that I'm not really used to them, think it may just be a shock that they are a bit darker.

Jolene sounds like a good idea but think I am too scared to try that. Thanks for your help though ladies!

polyhymnia Fri 22-Jul-11 10:43:41

They really will fade incredibly fast with normal washing, cleansing, etc. I wouldn't resort to anything as drastic as bleaching - just give them a day or two.

catinboots Fri 22-Jul-11 11:17:15

Head and shoulders shampoo will strip out dye.

TheFarSide Fri 22-Jul-11 11:19:03

Leave them! As others have said, they'll fade, they probably look great, and you're just not used to them!

hester Fri 22-Jul-11 11:21:21

It might help if you intensify your eye make-up a bit till they fade: wear a bit more eyeliner and mascara, a slightly deeper eyeshadow (but don't go overboard or you'll enter goth territory).

peasandlove Fri 22-Jul-11 12:30:15

as above, leave it a day or two and you wont even notice them! my DP always sniggers when he comes home and I've tinted mine and makes lame spock jokes, but a day later they look fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now