Talk

Advanced search

Pink or Ivory underskirt

(11 Posts)
PickleSarnie Thu 21-Jul-11 16:17:10

I'm hoping that you lovely people can help me out with a wedding related dilemma. I'm getting married and am missing the "bridal gene" that girls are supposed to be born with so don't want to wear a big, princess dress. But I'm making a concession towards the bridal theme by wearing ivory. It's a 50's tea length number. This is it: My Frock

My shoes are bright fushcia pink My Shoes

I want to wear a sash and I need lots of petticoats to wear underneath. I was thinking a black sash (because I tied a pair of tights round waist to see what a sash would look like and it actually looked quite good in black. Probably wouldn't have been quite as nice if tights had been American Tan)

So I'm having a dilemma on what colour underskirt. Fuschia pink to match the shoes (and flowers) or ivory so as not to overdose on pink?

There's lots of people wearing different combinations Here to give me an idea but I still can't make my mind up. Help!

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 16:30:05

I personally would go for ivory petticoats and possibly even ivory sash and would then pick up the pink from your shoes in the bouquet.

The dresses look great on but I prefer them without the coloured under skirts.

JanMorrow Thu 21-Jul-11 16:49:41

I'm having a tea length dress in ivory and my petticoats are PINK PINK PINK! Loads more fun. I get a bit bored by wedding dresses myself so it's more interesting.

PickleSarnie Thu 21-Jul-11 17:07:35

Aaaaargh. A 50/50 split!! smile

JanMorrow, I remember you from a thread in Weddings. I am still sooooooo envious of you having a lurrrrverly Candy Anthony frock!

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 17:09:42

If it weren't for the fact that you had the pink shoes Pickle I would say go for the pink petticoats, I just think it could look a bit OTT with pink shoes and petticoats, I think it is a fun dress anyway and with the splash of colour from the shoes I think you should keep the rest plain, but that is just me....

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Thu 21-Jul-11 17:32:08

Ivory petticoats and pink sash?

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Thu 21-Jul-11 17:34:30

Btw love the shoes smile

aStarInStrangeways Thu 21-Jul-11 17:46:04

You have fabulous taste grin I had a v similar Vivian of Holloway dress and originally wanted a green underskirt to match the green stars on the overlay, but couldn't find one the right shade/length...ended up going for white but was glad as I had gorgeous green shoes and think it would have been a bit much.

So originally I was going to say ivory, but having seen some of the Honeypie pics of brides with matching pettis and shoes, I actually think fuschia underskirts would be great with your dress and shoes.

PickleSarnie Thu 21-Jul-11 17:54:27

Thanks all! I think if I go for the pink petticoats, I'll get them a length that means they're the same length and not longer than the dress. That way, you'll only see them when I sit down so hopefully will stop it being too OTT pink?

I just need to learn how to walk in the shoes now. I look a bit like a constipated duck in them at the moment. Which isn't the look I'm going for.

chickchickchicken Thu 21-Jul-11 21:26:26

personally i wasnt keen on the pics with same colour shoes, underskirt and sometimes even same colour sash. its a lovely dress and i think too many same colours took something away from the dress

love your shoes. i would go for ivory or even pale pink underskirt. i prefer the dress without a sash.

JanMorrow Fri 22-Jul-11 11:30:54

Glad you've gone for pink skirts! It's a good idea to have it not poking out too much.

I've got ivory shoes with a big cherry on the front (those vivienne westwood/melissa ones) so I'm not overloading on pink.. too much.. ehem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now