Talk

Advanced search

beauty - where to splurge and where to save

(4 Posts)
mollysmum82 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:50:26

I tend to splurge on foundation (laura mercier) and facial wash (neals yard) as my skin is my worst area. But I save on shampoos, conditioners (aussie) and mascaras (maybellene). Can anyone recommend a good body moisturiser/butter and scrub for a budget? Where do others save and splurge?

TeriHatchetJob Thu 21-Jul-11 14:54:59

my perfumes are my splurge but i will chop and change other products. I go between Kerastase and Redken shampoos combined with Avon and both seem to work at different times for me.
I'm a sucker for all toiletries and must have tried every cream on the market but often find Superdrugs Vitamin E moisturiser or Ponds come out tops.
I love the thickness and long lastingness of Dove body cream but love the smell of Crabtree and Evelyn and India Hicks.

mollysmum82 Tue 02-Aug-11 13:08:52

Thanks terihatchet! I love the dove summer tan glow stuff so I'll try their body cream too!

Gillybobs Tue 02-Aug-11 14:23:00

Soap and Glory products are excellent and often on 3 for 2 at Boots. I love their Body Butter and their Scrub Actually is outstanding, loaded with lovely apricot oil so your skin feels amazing afterwards. Love L'oreal Elvive Royal Jelly shampoo/conditioner, my hairdresser noticed a difference when I started using them.

I spend on foundation (EL or clinique) and love Bobbi Brown Lippy and blusher for great colours and staying power. Havent ever found cheaper versions that perform as well. Also love Diorshow mascara.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now