Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At the risk of AnnThology imploding....would you help me with my outfit

(16 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 14:19:37

Have a very very smart wedding to go to.

The dress is sorted, my lovely DH bought me this gorgeous dress (long story involving take that tickets for christmas that never materialised that he got the money back for so bought me the dress).

anyway i have worn it a few times but with flat gold sandals to dress it down but obviously need to dress it up.

want to get some new shoes for the wedding (heels) and what about headwear...the wedding is at 4pm with a dinner afterwards as I say it is very smart, not in a church but a very smart location.

it is such a gorgeous dress (the picture doesn't do it justice) that I don't want to cock it up by getting footwear and headwear wrong....

worldgonecrazy Thu 21-Jul-11 14:24:06

I would go for dark brown strappy heels. For headwear, I'd take the dress with me to the shops, you could pick out any colour from the dress.

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 14:25:46

thanks

do you reckon hat or whispers fascinator...I have no idea about these things never going to events that require them!

tethersend Thu 21-Jul-11 14:41:54

This would look beautiful with it

worldgonecrazy Thu 21-Jul-11 14:42:19

I like hats but that's because I look stupid in fascinators. My first thought when I saw the dress was smart straw hat with matching ribbon. It all depends on your shape, the shape of your face and even things such as how you carry yourself, whether you're confident enough to wear a statement hat, or want the anonymity of something safer . . .

worldgonecrazy Thu 21-Jul-11 14:43:09

tethersend your taste, as ever, is impeccable.

MissBeehiving Thu 21-Jul-11 15:10:42

That hat is fantasticsmile

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 15:12:45

Thank you Tethersend, that is very elegant indeed! What do you do with your hair wearing something like that?

I have straight hair all one lenght just below my shoulders, would I be best to have it up chignon type style?

worldgonecrazy Thu 21-Jul-11 15:16:53

Definitely hair up if you're going smart, unless you're under 30 in which case, the Duchess of Cambridge has made it okay to have hair down.

AnnThology Thu 21-Jul-11 15:41:32

DONT DO A FUCKING FASCINATOR
;)

AnnThology Thu 21-Jul-11 15:42:39

i do black peep toes 50s style

AnnThology Thu 21-Jul-11 15:42:44

I LIEK THE DRESS

where is it from?
just get your hair done instead, then you dont look a twatt hat hair in the evening.
id do b

AnnThology Thu 21-Jul-11 15:44:39

www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/226754-kurt-geiger-belle

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 15:50:44

Love those shoes Ann...!

The dress is from Hugo Boss, DH really pulled the stops out this time bless him.

Think I may skip any headgear then as don't want to look a knob. Am over 30 so not in M-Midd's category so won't do flowing locks!

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 21-Jul-11 15:55:58

I too would just get hair blow dried on the day as the wedding is quite late in the day - hats would be off quite soon.

Would also get nails done.

I too would do high peep toes - perhaps black patent.

And then a metallic clutch bag and chunky cuff/dramatic bracelet type thing.

And agree its a lovely dress.

All the best gifts I've had from DH have followed a big mistake on his part so xmas 2006 vanilla scented candle from sainsburys - the following christmas a lovely watch wink

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 21-Jul-11 15:57:08

Or you could do a sam cam and wear a jewelled clip in your hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now