Talk

Advanced search

My DS has no taste (?)

(8 Posts)
AutumnWitch Thu 21-Jul-11 13:58:02

I was feeling really pleased with myself having found a pair of sturdy winter boots in the sale for half price- these, good with skinny jeans, shortish skirts, comfy for walking in all weathers etc etc.

They arrived today and as I got them out of the box DS2 (3.5) says "look mummy, farmer boots!" shock hmm.

OK - they are very sturdy, nearly sent them straight back.

Anyone else suffered a devastating put down from their children?

Squishylicious Thu 21-Jul-11 14:08:50

My DD (She was 2 at the time) cried when I put my boots on as she wanted me to wear high heels and not "horrible boots"

nokissymum Thu 21-Jul-11 14:10:35

Yes, STOP dancing mummy ! sad

dexter73 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:11:15

My friend has those boots and they were great last winter in the snow,rain,ice. Great buy AutumnWitch! Perhaps you could wear them with some dungarees to keep your ds happy though!

AutumnWitch Thu 21-Jul-11 14:14:11

That's good to know Dexter - maybe I should get myself a checked shirt, floppy hat and accessorise with straw and mud ? grin

Ingles2 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:34:13

Oh bargain Autumwitch ....what does ds2 know, obviously takes after his father/granny/auntie grin
am very tempted.. how are they coming up size wise?

AutumnWitch Thu 21-Jul-11 14:45:44

I'm about a 6.5, ordered a 7 and there's room for thick winter socks. I suspect the 6 would have been tight

DS2 is currently running around wearing pants, socks and medieval armour...

Cherrypie32 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:58:16

When I picked DS (also 3.5) from nursery last week wearing v nice linen trousers, he asked me why I was wearing pyjamas. He did however, comment on 'loving' my bog standard black leggings just yesterday. I find it both hilarious and very random what he chooses to comment on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now