Talk

Advanced search

MN's least organised bride would like to thank you all

(11 Posts)
Hopefully Thu 21-Jul-11 13:12:31

Seriously, the MN Style and Beauty board single-handedly (well, multi-handedly, I suppose) prepared me for my wedding. Thanks to al your advice I was appropriately manicured/pedicured, wearing a dress that fit (bought a whopping 10 days before the big day), had decent make up, smelt nice, had shiny hair and had a halfway even tan.

I just wanted to say a real, honest thank you to you all for your advice - it's extra specially nice looking back on my wedding photos knowing I looked as good as I could (well, as good as I could 3 months post natal).

ps, there are a couple of pics on my profile if you fancy a nosy at what you helped create grin

OhCobblers Thu 21-Jul-11 14:02:23

i think you look wonderful!! congratulations. i've picked up great tips on what to wear from this board before and discovered labels i would never have found without their help!!

love the shoe colour - now can i pick your brains? i want to dye my weddiing shoes (currently cream satin) - is it very easy to dye at home? i was going to send them off somewhere and no doubt pay a small fortune!! TIA

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 14:07:41

I am so glad it all went well, you look lovely, and the shoes are fabulous.

AlmaMartyr Thu 21-Jul-11 14:07:53

You look gorgeous! Congratulations smile

gregssausageroll Thu 21-Jul-11 14:09:13

Congratulations! You looked lovely and well done on the clothing you made!

brookeslay Thu 21-Jul-11 14:12:34

congratulations I am so glad it went well beautiful family. Did you have a honeymoon ?

PollyRoxs Thu 21-Jul-11 18:34:23

hopefully you looked stunning as every bride should on her big day. I love how creative you have got with all the outfits. Makes the photos so special and personal for you all. Congratulations

LadyGrace Thu 21-Jul-11 18:43:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hopefully Thu 21-Jul-11 21:29:36

Ooh, thank you so much for the congratulations! blush. It really was a fab day.

ohcobblers I blogged about how I dyed my shoes, but basically I bought some dylon hand dye, put it in a large saucepan and dunked my shoes till they were the approximate colour I wanted. Highly scientific, I assure you grin

Brookslay no honeymoon - we have the amazing non-stop-feeding 3 month old, so figured it wouldn't be terribly romantic! We're hoping to go away for a night or two to London at Christmas.

Cleverything Thu 28-Jul-11 21:18:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Emo76 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:20:22

Gorgeous outfits the lot of you! You are clearly very talented. Congratulations on your marriage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now