Talk

Advanced search

satchel-ly kind of bag for work, recommendations please

(11 Posts)
overthemill Thu 21-Jul-11 08:37:53

i have a new job and a new job demands a new bag! I'm a teacher and tend to go in with a tesco type tote/shopper either the orla kiely one or the cath kidston one. I also love satchels.

i have always lusted after a decent leather bag for work that will fit in phone, diary, wallet, notebook (paper) and maybe even a netbook now. and my lunch and a magazine too. ooh it needs to be big!

any ideas? Not too high a budget -

madammecholet Thu 21-Jul-11 08:41:43

How about this, already posted this morning on another thread... I have the camel version, but comes in Navy and Black too..

here

tis ver lovely and leather is soft, will fit everything you have mentioned.

VerityBrulee Thu 21-Jul-11 09:50:43

If its a spacious satchel you're after I think the mens departments are the place to look.

M&S has lovely satchel type bags like this. I saw a tan in in RL the other day, it's not on the website though.

Also a few nice leather ones from Debenhams

culturevulture Thu 21-Jul-11 09:57:52

Try here

www.scaramangashop.co.uk/

and congratulations on your new job smile

bigkidsmademe Thu 21-Jul-11 10:25:55

I love Cambridge Satchel company, have you seen those?

overthemill Thu 21-Jul-11 12:37:49

ooh these are all lovely and just the kind of thing I'm after. I love scaramanger - great bags and not expensive and the debenhams ones and the cambridge satchel company too!

will post back when i have chosen, anybody have any of them for a 'review'?

culturevulture - thanks grin

AlmaMartyr Thu 21-Jul-11 12:41:04

Congratulations. I have a Scaramanga bag and it's gorgeous.

overthemill Thu 21-Jul-11 13:00:57

almamartyr, thanks !

which bag do you have, size?

culturevulture Thu 21-Jul-11 13:42:20

They are lovely aren't they.

I particularlry like this one

www.scaramangashop.co.uk/fashion/leather-bags/for-her/travel-bags/vintage-leather-flight-bag-2/prod_163.html

AlmaMartyr Thu 21-Jul-11 14:19:23

I have the Large Solo Messenger Bag I think. I use it as a handbag/changing bag and can fit everything I need in it, it's fab. Leather was a bit stiff at first but has softened beautifully.

bigkidsmademe Thu 21-Jul-11 16:42:18

I'd love a bright red Cambridge satchel to take my laptop in but for one reason or another I always spend my money on something else. Payday tomorrow, maybe this month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now