Talk

Advanced search

Smart tops to wear with jeans, not t-shirts

(10 Posts)
Millie1 Wed 20-Jul-11 22:05:07

Reading the thread re What do SAHMs wear other than jeans, quite a few people mentioned that they wear jeans with a pretty top but not a t-shirt or else with a blouse/shirt.

Please could someone post some links ... I really need to get away from both long and short sleeved t's but also need a top which will disguise a tummy!

Thanks grin

Marrow Wed 20-Jul-11 22:08:16

I need tummy hiding tops too so will watch with interest!

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 20-Jul-11 22:09:02

I too need hidey tops!

lawnimp Wed 20-Jul-11 22:09:46

la redoute are fab for long line tops in flattering styles

WowOoo Wed 20-Jul-11 22:13:36

You means you want shirts/ blouses? Or simply nice tops? Or alternatives to jeans?
I have too many. Of everything.

Shirts are great for disguising a tummy. Try sizes bigger than you are, but not tent like of course. Not clingy. And you can wear to work or with jeans.

Go to the shops without children and try on loads of stuff. ?

pollyblue Wed 20-Jul-11 22:15:06

Have a look in H&M - I've bought a few loose-ish tops in there recently that might be what you're looking for. Sorry, I'm a bit too lazy to have a look on their website and post link! blush Good value too, none over £20.

pollyblue Wed 20-Jul-11 22:16:49

....should say I live and die in jeans but don't like t-shirts (bit too self conscious about serious lack of bust), so these are perfect.

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 20-Jul-11 22:20:00

See shirts don't work for me as bust is too big and neck too short!

Clure Wed 20-Jul-11 22:29:18

some good stuff in zara sale

Millie1 Wed 20-Jul-11 22:35:26

Thanks ... do you wear shirts loose or tucked in then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now