Talk

Advanced search

Powder to deal with shiny nose

(14 Posts)
hiddenhome Wed 20-Jul-11 19:09:04

Can anybody recommend something to take the perpetual shine off my nose?hmm

I just use ordinary face powder (Maybelline), but within minutes it's shiny again. It's just my skin type unfortunately, I'm not overwashing it or anything.

QuinnFabray Wed 20-Jul-11 19:17:37

I use blotting paper, from the Body Shop, or the skin care section of Boots.

chipstick10 Wed 20-Jul-11 19:50:22

I use a Laura Mercier primer or a Mac, then either LM loose powder or Bobbi Brown loose powder. I carry blotters in my bag. However since doing the ocm i have found my skin needs less powder.

skyebluepink Wed 20-Jul-11 20:11:15

Definitely try the oil cleansing method and try using a primer under your foundation.

Talc based powders are not that great so that eliminates most high street powders. But Mac and Clinique do some good setting powders.

I've always had success with mineral makeup for excess shine. And I mean total mineral so a company like lily lolo not the l'oreal or bare escentuals mineral foundations.

So you'd be using one product that you apply with a brush rather than foundation then powder. It works with your skin's oil rather than the oil causing the foundation to slide off your face. Lily Lolo do sample sizes so can give it a go for a couple of quid.

unfitmother Wed 20-Jul-11 20:16:36

Have you tried something like Clinique pore refining serum, you can get a free tester.

unfitmother Wed 20-Jul-11 20:21:39

Have you tried something like Clinique pore refining serum, you can get a free tester.

hiddenhome Thu 21-Jul-11 15:54:36

I am using the ocm and my nose is about the shininess as before I started doing it. I think it's just the way I am tbh.

I shall have a look at the mineral makeup.

cheekeymonkey Thu 21-Jul-11 16:39:52

Boots sell corn silk, very good and invisible

JanMorrow Thu 21-Jul-11 16:51:13

I was told they'd discontinued the clinique pore refining thingy, maybe I was lied to by the girl on the counter, she HAD just started..

chipstick10 Thu 21-Jul-11 19:34:00

Do boots still sell corn silk? I didnt think they did

louby86 Thu 21-Jul-11 19:49:24

Mac prep and prime before make up and mac blot powder are the only things that stop my face shining all day!

strictlovingmum Thu 21-Jul-11 19:57:53

mally "evercolor, porless face defender", this a all proof make up, lasts all day, it's clear, and no shine whatsoever.
Available on"QVC".

Pussinglads Thu 21-Jul-11 20:02:03

Smashbox PhotoFinish primer.
Expensive, but lasts ages, and more importantly, works.

The3Bears Thu 21-Jul-11 20:04:48

Mac Blot powder is fab for shine cant recomend it enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now