Talk

Advanced search

Dressing children for photographs ?

(11 Posts)
SkelleyBones Wed 20-Jul-11 10:41:44

I need to co ordinate not necessarily match my three girls and a boy to have some professional photo's taken next week.
Would be easy enough but for their personalities lol
So the boy is wearing some jeans, a white tshirt and navy and white converses, he's sorted.
They girls on the other hand, one with want to wear a tutu, the other is a chunky monkey who cannot fit into a pair of jeans comfortably so will not wear them, looks best in a dress and the eldest of course will wear nothing but jeans and a hoody.
Any advice ?

PandaNot Wed 20-Jul-11 10:46:55

Coordinate the colours and forget about the styles! If they're getting photographed against a white background don't put them in white, primary colours or brights always look best I think.

SkelleyBones Wed 20-Jul-11 10:52:09

Do you think i'll cringe in years to come if the girls are in pink and he's in blue ?

Empusa Wed 20-Jul-11 10:52:30

I'd let them wear what they want, it'll mean more in the future when you look back and see them as they wanted to appear rather than like a catalogue ad.

Littlepumpkinpie Wed 20-Jul-11 11:07:13

I put my boys in Jeans with a deep red tops none matching they cam out lovely smile

SkelleyBones Wed 20-Jul-11 11:08:42

It's the jeans issue causing the headaches one want wear and one can't

Ephiny Wed 20-Jul-11 15:19:52

I'd let them wear what they want too, I think photos (especially of children) look best when they're as natural and informal as possible, not all dressed up and posed. Don't see the problem with one girl in jeans and one in dress, especially if that reflects their different personalities.

Obviously there might be certain outfits you'd want to veto, but within reason, let them be themselves!

SkelleyBones Wed 20-Jul-11 15:23:11

I've bought them all bits from the same range, so one has a skirt in the fabric and a pink girlie top, one has the dress and one has the top she can wear with jeans. The boy has shorts in the same colour.
Yes they will look like a catalogue but it's going to be hanging on my wall for years so I want them to go with the decor as much as anything else lol
Thanks for the input, hope it works !

sweetheart Wed 20-Jul-11 15:25:32

will the other girl wear blue leggings or tights for colour continuity?

SkelleyBones Wed 20-Jul-11 15:33:16

I have ordered the leggings but am not convinced they really go, the dress is white with the colours splashed all over it.
alivie.co.uk/girls/1118-catimini-spirit-denim-dress-pre-order.html
Of course the sales a double edged sword because it makes it affordable but the sizes are all over the place i've ordered from three different sites already.

daimbardiva Wed 20-Jul-11 15:45:23

Yup, I'd say make sure the colours don't clash horribly, but other than that let them wear what they like and feel comfy in. If they are happy and relaxed you'll get much better photos.

I've just had some done of my Ds and he ended up in his tesco's vest with monsters on it, as it was so incredibly hot in the studio, which certainly wasn't my plan, but the photos are fabulous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now