Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour advice (Again!)

(5 Posts)
yeahhhitsjackie Wed 20-Jul-11 10:20:37

Ive lurked here for ages, got some great tips regarding style and beauty, thanks!

So, i :foolishly: put a dark red dye onto my hair (naturally dark brown) 12 weeks ago, do not like it, i went to hairdresser as i want to go back to having blonde/beige hi lites 3 weeks ago.

Hairdresser put dark brown foils in, and bleach foils, im still left with red bits but the blonde is very gold/brassy looking, was told the more i have it done it will keep lifting??

anything i could put on asap?

yeahhhitsjackie Wed 20-Jul-11 10:28:42

foolshly

yeahhhitsjackie Wed 20-Jul-11 10:30:30

Oh for crying out loud foolishly

TattyDevine Wed 20-Jul-11 16:56:36

Right, red is hard to get rid of. You will be a bit rusty and warm for a while.

I sometimes recommend people strip out their colour with ColourB4 and start again but now you have started having highlights I would carry on with that personally. If you go back, see if your hairdresser will "tone" the highlights for you using a toner. Also, if your highlights are quite light but just a bit strawberry then you should get a Lee Stafford "Hot Shots for blondes" - which will add an ashy tone to your hair and help neutralise your brassiness.

yeahhhitsjackie Wed 20-Jul-11 17:49:32

Thankyou Tatty
They are really gold, when i wanted a light blonde, i understand it will take a while due to the red. Will they blonde over time the more i have hair highlighted?

Also, would the toner change the colour all over, or does it just tone the blonde?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now