Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me to find a cool Ibiza clubbing outfit? URGENT!!

(46 Posts)
TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 21:07:54

I'm off for a two day VIP jaunt to Ibiza soon, and need some fabulous (but not expensive) clothes to wear.

Considerations:

I'm 35
I don't like my legs much
I've hear that no one wears heels to the 'cool' clubs in Ibiza - is this true? If so - shit help my legs only look good in heels!

Any help appreciated ladies smile

DiscoDaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 21:12:31

I'm 35 and everytime I go clubbing in Ibiza I just wear vest top,denim shorts and flip flops. Not much help I'm afraid and I've never been in the VIP section of any of the clubs.

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 21:15:33

OK - thanks Disco. I'm going with a group of friends who I believe are planning to wear dresses. I don't want to look as if I'm not making an effort, especially as one of my friends is the wife of a DJ performing, hence VIP passes.

I'm not saying that denim shorts and vest isn't something I'd normally wear btw - wish I could it's much more my style!

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 21:37:52

Anyone else - please?!

MissBeehiving Tue 19-Jul-11 21:52:07

Doesn't pretty much anything go in Ibiza apart from football shirts? I'd wear heels in VIP and a dress. This is lovely.

Budget?
Colours?
Size?

noddyholder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:53:17

Bikini, frye boots, tan! grin

MissBeehiving Tue 19-Jul-11 21:57:17

Please don't make me look in the NAP sale any more. I might cry with longing

Macaroona Tue 19-Jul-11 22:05:03

FrenchConnection have nice dresses in the sale atm - something you could wear with flat sparkly sandals and loads of fake tan?

floaty vest one

mmm sparkly

I like this one

Macaroona Tue 19-Jul-11 22:07:54

I'd say def don't wear heels - you'll feel try-hard.

V jealous btw!

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:11:47

OK - thanks everyone.

Missbeehive - that first NAP dress is ADORABLE, but I'd be an extra small and it's not available. Macaroona - that final FC dress is also lovely, but it's not available in an 8.

Ummm... thanks noddy hmm grin

Any more suggestions?

Clure Tue 19-Jul-11 22:20:33

nice with a tan and with these type of sandals

DiscoDaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 22:23:32

I've just looked at my photos from Judgement Sunday at Eden and the VIP area is in the background behind Judge Jules.
Everything seems to go from LBD to black trousers with a smart vest top.
From memory at Privilege for Tiesto it was the same in the VIP area.

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:23:35

Thanks Clure - love orange. But if I wore a short skirt with sandals like that my legs would look chunky. I have to be VERY careful. Also I have a good tum, bum and back so would like to wear something more clingy on the body. But I love the more casual style of the dress - deffo along the right lines.

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:24:52

THanks Disco - that's v useful. smile

Selks Tue 19-Jul-11 22:26:58

Green drapey here, nice with sparkly flip flops or gladiators?

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:28:59

What about this with black havianas / gladiators girls?

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71CN5/Broadway+Stripe+Maxi+Dress.htm

shineything Tue 19-Jul-11 22:30:09

If you're not keen on showing leg what about a long floaty boho type skirt with a skimpy top? I'm thinking a 'I've just flown back from goa look'.

omnishambles Tue 19-Jul-11 22:30:46

Is there anything by Matthew Williamson left in the NAP sale that will do?

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:31:52

shiney, I am considering maxi floaty too. I do like your idea of a skirt and tight top combination.

shineything Tue 19-Jul-11 22:32:39

Hi Bolter that dress is nice but not really a clubbing dress me thinks.

omnishambles Tue 19-Jul-11 22:32:57

This isnt clingy enough but its very Ibiza

here

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:33:32

Hi omni, there is some MW stuff still but nothing I would wear. sad

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:33:54

OK thanks for feedback shiney!

TheBolter Tue 19-Jul-11 22:34:55

hmmm, omni I really not sure if I like it - it's v unflattering on the bum when you see the film.

shineything Tue 19-Jul-11 22:36:20

I'm not keen on my legs so I would probably go for the maxi look. You could give your hair the tousled 'beach babe' look and some subtle face art/glitter. God I'm getting carried away wish I was going alas I'm now in 40s and clubbing days over boo hoo. Have fab time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now