Talk

Advanced search

we can rebuild her ... starting with shoes

(17 Posts)
kalitixi Tue 19-Jul-11 18:16:17

Hello! I've been dithering about getting ready to do my first post for the last few hours, so. I have had bereavements followed by depression and now I am going to get myself on a fitness routine and start to care how I dress: everything I have is either dated (think formal wear in the 90s blush) or of the loungepant variety.

I have a limited budget. So, I spent the last couple of days looking around the net and seeing what things are missing from my wardrobe which would instantly update it, as the sales are on.

I really, really want a pair of ankle boots (as seen on Sienna Miller and Gwyneth Paltrow: I think they are by Isabel Marant? Quite sandy/honey coloured, often suede. I saw Jools Oliver wearing some also recently. But I can't afford Marant and being short and stocky of leg also I need something with a heel, although this could be a heel slightly concealed with a flap or something like that? I can't see any boots like this around though. So, flattering but not expensive ankle boots anyone?

I also really like the gold disc necklaces where there is a tiny beaten gold disc which nestles at the base of your neck: have you seen these on the high street?

Right, am off to join the 30 Day Shred Thread ...

Karbea Tue 19-Jul-11 18:35:12

Do you mean these?

kalitixi Tue 19-Jul-11 18:38:58

yes! thanks Karbea

I also like those westwood pirate boots which fold down (probably aren't suede) and also the other slouchy Marant boots which look as if they have belts around them.

I am also wondering whether there are ankle boots which have concealed heels (like a hidden wedge). Anyway, I think I need to seduce a cobbler ...

VerityBrulee Tue 19-Jul-11 18:46:41

Try La Redoute for boots and etsy for necklace, sorry can't link ATM smile

FritziGreenEyes Tue 19-Jul-11 18:59:41

Studded Suede Boots from La Redoute???

Do you like these?

Topshop

Topshop wedge lace ups but would prefer them without the superhigh platform.

Karbea Tue 19-Jul-11 19:02:50

There are quite a few similar to those, have you looked at asos?

wedgewith strap

kalitixi Tue 19-Jul-11 19:05:17

thanks Verity - never bought anything of etsy but I shall look for necklaces ...

Fritzi the first two are probably nearest the mark (and worn slouched around the ankle, the higher leg redoute boots could be convincing, perhaps I could even add a belt wrapped around it or necklace?
The first topshop one is a bit too butch and flat for me - I like the topshop laceups but agree about the high and obvious platform ...

this is all rather exciting: I've never bought anything from redoute either and had never thought to look there!

Karbea Tue 19-Jul-11 19:06:37

these?

these?

these?

MrsPellereau Tue 19-Jul-11 19:08:25

I saw these boots today could be what you are looking for?

H&M sometimes throw up nice metallic necklaces, so might be worth a look in there...

good luck!

kalitixi Tue 19-Jul-11 19:20:12

Thanks Karbea: they are all lovely, in particular those suede Asos ones - the suede has a really nice texture and colour.

*Mrs Pellereau*: the Oasis boots are nice!

At the moment I am thinking of ordering the suede asos, oasis and la redoute ones ... then doing a mammoth trying on session and keeping the best one. I have an Oasis nearby so I'll pop in at the weekend to peruse ...

kalitixi Sun 24-Jul-11 03:50:18

just a quick update: the Oasis boots are a keeper! Thank you Mrs Pellereau! Really quite luxurious IRL.

The Redoute boots were nice but not quite right, perhaps the colour of the suede.

Am still tempted to keep the ASOS alpini which are also very nice ...

anon80 Sun 24-Jul-11 11:50:06

Intrested in this necklace you mention! do you have a link so i can see what it looks like x

kalitixi Sun 24-Jul-11 18:13:26

www.adinadesign.com/material/14k/100/Gold+Tiny+Disc+Necklace

something like this: I think it looks very simple but luxe!

mittenkitten Mon 25-Jul-11 11:57:05

Gold disc necklaces from Etsy (there are hundreds to choose from)

this

this

this

yet another . . . .

kalitixi Mon 25-Jul-11 12:10:03

Thank you mittenkitten I really like the last one: I've been cruising Etsy about these, have never bought anything on Etsy so I will have to take the plunge!

mittenkitten Mon 25-Jul-11 12:28:11

I have bought lots of things on Etsy -- from vintage boots and scarves to T-shirts to art -- and it's always been a good experience. Hope it works out for you too!

kalitixi Mon 25-Jul-11 18:42:15

Thanks mittenkitten - I am going to order, once I've managed to select my ultimate necklace from the hundreds I've bookmarked. MN keeps finding me new avenues to spend money on beautiful things wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now