Talk

Advanced search

This Mulberry bag website...

(14 Posts)
Mirrorball Tue 19-Jul-11 17:44:55

http://www.mulberry4bags.com/

Has anyone used this website and does it sell genuine, authentic bags? it claims to sell bags, used and new....

I'm confused, the prices are amazing!

thestringcheeseincident Tue 19-Jul-11 17:47:18

Fake I reckon.

monkeysmama Tue 19-Jul-11 17:51:53

Fake. The fact the prices are so low tells you all you need to know. Are you looking for a real 2nd hand Mulberry?

Pagwatch Tue 19-Jul-11 17:54:10

Fakey fake.

Why would an american company be selling waaaay cheaper than mulberries own outlet. And have you seen small print on refunds? They won't refund if the bag does not look like the pictures on the site hmm

Mirrorball Tue 19-Jul-11 17:54:22

I am... They are unbelievable copies... do you think they use the real images and then sell fake bags.... very close to getting my credit card out! Eek, glad I checked with you all first.

I would love a new clutch.

Pagwatch Tue 19-Jul-11 17:57:43

My guess would be that you get some old shite. And good luck getting a refund.

Mirrorball Tue 19-Jul-11 17:59:36

Credit card safely back in purse.

monkeysmama Tue 19-Jul-11 20:37:58

There is nothing wrong with getting a fake if that's what you want / know you're getting but not if you think it's kosher. I'd say spend your money on decent leather and get a lovely non Mulberry clutch but otherwise get a fake that admits it's a fake. Some of them are amazing (but the quality is massively different of course)

worldgonecrazy Wed 20-Jul-11 08:42:59

monkeysmama - the only thing wrong with getting a fake is that they are illegal in the United Kingdom. In Paris if you carry a fake you can be arrested and made to pay a fine.

Pagwatch Wed 20-Jul-11 08:52:17

It's odd but fake mulberry bags irritate me more than others.
I suspect it is because the bags are made by trained craftsmen in the uk. Copying some designer label made in your average Chinese sweat shop is less annoying. But mulberry are about quality and craftsmanship and is training craftsmen in the uk.

I suspect that is unreasonable of me but it pisses me off

worldgonecrazy Wed 20-Jul-11 09:08:36

Pagwatch - I don't think that's unreasonable at all. I know that one raid of a Chinese factory making fake Louis Vuitton found children who had their legs broken because they had tried to run away. That is the sort of practice that buying fakes funds.

Pagwatch Wed 20-Jul-11 09:10:46

God that is awful worldgonecrazy.

monkeysmama Wed 20-Jul-11 10:16:17

That's interesting - I hadn't thought of that. You're quite right.

slowshow Wed 20-Jul-11 10:36:01

The web address gives it away. Fakes. And, frankly, if something looks too good to be true then it generally is.

As for Mulberry bags being made by trained craftsmen in the UK, that's not strictly true. SOME Mulberry bags are made at their factory in Somerset, but a great deal are also made in Turkey and China. I have five Mulberry bags and only two have a "Made in England" tag inside.

It bugs me that Mulberry market themselves as this wonderful British brand supporting British craftsmen. I reckon no more than 40% of their bags are British made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now