Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any tips for taming beach hair?

(10 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Tue 19-Jul-11 17:15:53

My hair is mid length, layered and a mix of wavy and frizzy.

How can I keep it tidy but relatively stylish when I'm on holiday? Leaving it completely loose is not an option.

She inherited my hair I do not wish to look like this.

She is getting bunches this year btw.

Carrotsandcelery Tue 19-Jul-11 17:17:32

Is it long enough to tie back? I know a lot of people put in leave in conditioner and tie it back to keep it sleek and kempt looking.

DooinMeCleanin Tue 19-Jul-11 17:18:55

Leave in conditioner is an excellent idea. It's long enough to go back, but layers always escape. Would the conditione keep those down do you think?

Ormirian Tue 19-Jul-11 17:18:59

Clippers!

grin

DooinMeCleanin Tue 19-Jul-11 17:23:12

Clippers might be the only option, Orm grin

Carrotsandcelery Tue 19-Jul-11 17:31:49

Can your face take a hat? That helps stop the breeze knotting it so much. Sadly I don't have the face for a hat (or for my hair tied back).

I don't go to the beach often grin

Carrotsandcelery Tue 19-Jul-11 17:34:18

I think you do get special industrial leave in conditioners for being in the sun and on the beach.

You could also try a wet look gel as you tie it back so it just looks like you have just popped out of the sea.

There is also the cornrows look although I am sure they just mean you burn your scalp.

Carrotsandcelery Tue 19-Jul-11 17:39:44

Would like this do it The third one in the scroll through (it is blue)?

I have never used it myself. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute.

tulpe Tue 19-Jul-11 19:15:06

I use a Kerastase sun protection product. It is a creme which gives you a polished look rather than wet look to your hair. It's expensive but worth the money as it makes a huge difference to my very dry hair.

how about one of those very slim plastic alice bands? I bought one from Boots today specifically for the same purpose. I like the fact it keeps the hair back but with some softness around the hairline rather than the sloaney severely held back version of the 80s smile

DooinMeCleanin Tue 19-Jul-11 19:30:19

I like kerastase. I'll have a look for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now