Talk

Advanced search

Dry shampoo?

(22 Posts)
Crumblemum Tue 19-Jul-11 16:44:45

Always been curious. Got a free sample of batiste dry shampoo today at the station today. Just tried it. Ended up with curious grey dust on my head, but when I dusted it off, not too bad (smells a little air freshener). Anyone tried any others?

Pin0t Tue 19-Jul-11 16:50:57

No need to, Batiste is universally crowned king of dry poo. AFAIK anyway smile

Crumblemum Tue 19-Jul-11 16:53:47

Oh no, I got given the dud!

dahu Tue 19-Jul-11 16:54:08

I use rockaholic dirty secret by tigi, it smells like a G&T in a good way and it's not dusty. I use when I blow dry my hair to add extra body.

Sarsaparilllla Tue 19-Jul-11 16:54:36

Batsiste is the best dry shampoo you can get fact smile

Nagini Tue 19-Jul-11 16:55:46

you need a bristle brush.

Pin0t Tue 19-Jul-11 16:58:39

OP did you shake it and spray it from 12" or so?

UmYeahLikeTotally Tue 19-Jul-11 16:58:40

ooh I got a free one of those today as well. I quite like Batiste, but there are others on the market which are better imo.

If you ended up with grey hair you might have held the can too close to your head smile

Butyoucant Tue 19-Jul-11 17:06:49

I can never get the hang of these, I always end up back to looking like it needs washing within an hour or so.
What am I doing wrong?

Crumblemum Tue 19-Jul-11 17:07:50

Well I thought I had quite long arms confused. It did brush out. I thought it smelt like Pina colada, which I think I prefer to G&T dahu!

dahu Tue 19-Jul-11 17:34:33

Pina colada does say holiday fun while G&T is more old lush so I may try something new with the batiste.

chipstick10 Tue 19-Jul-11 23:37:49

I think klorane is the best dry shampoo.

painterlyswoosh Wed 27-Jul-11 12:28:10

I am ADDICTED to Umberto Giannini morning after dry shampoo. It smells so good people ask where my new perfume is from (true story!) and it's totally see through (no weird grey dust) which is good for my dark brown hair. Would really recommend.
I honestly thought dry shampoo was for weirdos who didn't wash enough and now I use it even when my hair isn't even that dirty.

ednurse Wed 27-Jul-11 12:31:26

Second the Umberto Giannini one!

Muzzy1971 Wed 27-Jul-11 12:40:10

I've used Lee Stafford one, but prefer the Batiste they do one for blondes and brunettes. I love it!! Its also good on clean hair to give it a bit more volume.

HeavyHeidi Wed 27-Jul-11 13:01:40

I use Ojon, have tried Klorane (ok) and Furterer (better) previously. but don't buy the spray verson, I had 2 and both clogged after first use!

wellwisher Wed 27-Jul-11 13:23:43

I rely on dry shampoo far more than I should blush - another vote for Batiste here.

Years ago I had the Bumble & Bumble version (think they called it hair powder) which was good but didn't smell nice. Might try it again one day when I'm feeling rich.

GraduallyGoingInsane Wed 27-Jul-11 17:36:35

I like the Tresemme one - it actually smells like shampoo. I had Batiste, but my hair smelt of pot-pouri or coconuts confused

I like the effect of the Batiste for brunettes but hate the smell, it is quite overpowering, I don't really brush it out as I have curly hair, just squirt it on upside down and run my fingers through it. Certainly makes it less greasy and more voluminous. I find the white ones make my hair all dull.

kyacat Wed 27-Jul-11 17:50:18

Another vote for Batiste! It goes on white but after 10 seconds or so, rub it in and give your hair a good brush through.

Tesco and Wilko have started doing their own brand versions but beware; they are cack.

prolificwillybreeder Wed 27-Jul-11 19:53:45

Superdrug's own is awful too.

CointreauVersial Wed 27-Jul-11 20:14:07

Batiste is fab, I used to use it back in the 1970s, and the design of the pack hasn't changed a bit!

If you have dark hair, use the Brunette version; it doesn't give that grey dusty look as the powder is brown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now