Talk

Advanced search

Suncream for sesitive and awkward people.

(22 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 19-Jul-11 15:19:32

holiday in 10 days (yay!) going to be hot.

My face is allergic to loads of stuff and suncream usually has me puffy and eyes streaming. DD2 is just super-picky about textures and can't bear the feel of oily/greasy/sticky stuff.

What would you suggest?

brookeslay Tue 19-Jul-11 15:26:22

green people I finished one and bought another two its lovely sinks in quickly, not greasy, lovely smell, no crap and organic what not to like ???
Its the kids one I use spf25

AbsDuCroissant Tue 19-Jul-11 15:29:15

Le Roche Posay Anthelios range. Very good, hypo-allergenic etc. etc. and available in boots

Ultrasun 30, available from Waitrose/Ocado, the only thing that my eczema hands can tolerate, and I have tried SO many. I've got a facial version and a body version and both are great, they don't leave the sticky waterproof layer that gives me and the DCs a heat rash with most of the ones you get in Boots.

bran Tue 19-Jul-11 16:55:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

canei22 Tue 19-Jul-11 17:30:08

Green people brilliant for super sensitive skin that is prone to prickly heat.

AtYourCervix Tue 19-Jul-11 17:46:03

2 votes for green people. where do you buy that?

AtYourCervix Tue 19-Jul-11 17:46:21

and what's it like for faces?

Carrotsandcelery Tue 19-Jul-11 17:49:41

I am horrifically allergic to suncreams. I used to be used by a medical facility to test products designed for sensitive skin and I reacted to them all.

I can, however, use Simple's sun cream designed specifically for faces without any problems whatsoever. It comes in high factors too. It also sinks in matt so you don't feel like a greasy blob all day.

I will hunt for a link.

Carrotsandcelery Tue 19-Jul-11 17:51:12

this one - it is brilliant

ensure Tue 19-Jul-11 17:57:20

I'll vote for sunsense too. smile

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 18:19:45

i have failed to find any of the above in this one-horse-hicksville town.

any other suggestions? or do i have to go to a Big City?

bran Thu 21-Jul-11 18:48:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 18:54:41

but does it leave a feelable layer on the skin? if so DD won't have it. (i'm thinking of the mineral and looking pler element described).

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 18:57:44

is this the one?

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 19:00:41

or should i get this?

Carrotsandcelery Thu 21-Jul-11 19:02:06

The Simple one soaks in like a matt moisturiser does if that is any help.

Boots sell it if you can get anywhere near one. I think I have seen it in Tesco too.

doggydaft Thu 21-Jul-11 21:22:40

I would second Ultrasun. Fabulous stuff, with the added benefit that it is only once a day.

Ultrasun you can get from Ocado, if anyone you know has Ocado deliveries? Actually, if you sign up to Ocado, you can usually get voucher codes for fairly hefty discounts on your first order, so you could get your Ultrasun, do the weeks shopping and get the discount.

The Ultrasun goes on very matt, feels a bit like a face primer. I certainly don't have the feeling I am wearing sun cream at all when I use it, either on body or face (they sell separate ones for each).

Oh and it doesn't have that white titanium dioxide layer that takes ages to rub in either which some of the more natural ones have (not sure if it has it in it or not without going upstairs to look at the bottle)

ensure Fri 22-Jul-11 19:53:48

The sunsense one we have is the toddler milk actually, for my eczema prone DD, so I haven't used the ones for grown-ups! But the toddler one rubs into skin much more pleasantly than any other lotion I have ever used. I buy it from amazon.

bridgeandbow Fri 22-Jul-11 20:01:29

Ultrasun once a day for me and Sunsense for my eczema prone kids - expensie but works for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now