Talk

Advanced search

Matching eyeshadow to clothes- a beauty faux pas?

(7 Posts)
Aworryingtrend Tue 19-Jul-11 13:29:11

I am going to a wedding on saturday and wearing a teal coloured dress. I also have a very nice shimmery (not glittery, more subtle) teal coloured eyeshadow.

I am thinking more
this

than

this

What do you think? A style no-no?

fishie Tue 19-Jul-11 13:30:00

i usually do. eyeliner anyway. not matching but colluding.

MayorNaze Tue 19-Jul-11 13:30:46

i do it

though not with red clothes, strangely smile

BitOfFun Tue 19-Jul-11 13:31:50

It depends what colour your eyes are- that should be considered before the dress. If you have brown eyes, it will look great. Blue, less so.

CointreauVersial Tue 19-Jul-11 13:32:14

I don't see why not, as long as you stay away from Look 2 (my mum circa 1975).

aquavit Tue 19-Jul-11 13:36:53

Sorry, I think it's a bit matchy-matchy, though if teal looks FABULOUS on you and is a colour you'd wear on your eyes anyway then it might be alright.

generally speaking (so long as you avoid awful clashes), I'd match the style of make-up and clothes (e.g. light and pretty, very 'done', etc) and not think about colours - wear what suits your skin/hair. Presumably you're also doing that with your clothes anyway so you will end up with colours that work together OK automatically.

Aworryingtrend Tue 19-Jul-11 13:37:50

Thanks everyone. My eyes are a greeny-browny sludge colour. I often wear a pale lilac eyeshadow as this makes them appear more green but don't think lilac is right to go with this dress. I will experiment with the teal I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now