Talk

Advanced search

supportive tankini for large bosoms!!

(9 Posts)
katiewins22 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:41:07

Hello - Annual message - on the lookout for attractive but supportive tankini - preferably with hidden bra back fastening. I have looked on bravissimo but don't like any on there this year - and they are a bit pricey - although I am prepared to pay for one I like.
ANy recommendations. K.

wileycoyote Mon 18-Jul-11 22:56:43

I always say this but Freya are great in my opinion. Good supportive cups and back fastening, look sexy and stylish too. A bit pricey, but can be found new on ebay cheaper if you don't mind end of line stuff.

Catslikehats Tue 19-Jul-11 06:16:29

Freya and seafolly work for me. The first time you buy one it does feel ridiculous spending so much when you could get a bikini in primark for £8 but they are enormously flattering and well worth the extra.

I think next also do a DD cup range now - but I haven't tried it yet.

HoneyDuke Tue 19-Jul-11 06:19:09

Freya new VIA ebay. Just search for your cup size.

Ooopsadaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 06:29:40

I agree with posts already here.

Search ebay for good lingerie brands like Freya, Fantasie and Panache. There are some goods bargains and a good selection of cup sizes.

Also check out House of Fraser Discount Outlets - have just got some fabulous Fantasie bras for £5-£10 and matching thongs for just £3-£6. They also had some tankinis.

HeavyHeidi Tue 19-Jul-11 08:42:43

also, figleaves.com has sales and loads of DD+ swimwear.

rjp3141 Tue 19-Jul-11 09:37:25

I bought this from ebay, 32E, really nice fitand comfortable but not sure if they have other sizes
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNWT-Panache-Lingerie-Floral-Tankini-Top-Cream-32E-/320424662773?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1448060231110570678&_qi=RTM742990

katiewins22 Wed 20-Jul-11 22:37:05

Thanks for all advice. I have a fantasie costume which is great and have now ordered a Panache tankini from ebay (not sure about colour but willgive it a go). However - went shopping today and in Debenhams picked up a tankini - I think it is their own brand "Gorgeous" and it is. Chocolat brown background, with bit of blue and bit of sparkle (sounds horrible now but it is really lovely). I was unsure as it is underwired but not bra-fastening at back, just elastic, but I have walked around my house - up and down the stairs - jumped up and down and it feels really secure and supportive and it looks really good. It was in the sale so good price too. It feels as though I could wear it with a sundress over and walk around on holiday and that to me is really positive. I need to feel as though "things are staying in place". Get down to Debenhams everybody smile

netbook Wed 20-Jul-11 23:09:40

Are you anywhere near the Midlands? There is a fantastic Freya and Fantasie factory shop near Junct 4 of the A14 which has loads of swimwear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now