Talk

Advanced search

Growing out a short hair cut?

(8 Posts)
countrysidemummy Mon 18-Jul-11 20:25:40

I have quite thick, wavy hair which i'm desperate to grow from it's current short cut back to shoulder length. It does that kinking out like handlebars thing as soon as it gets down to my ears and i have no idea what to do with it. Please help as i can't bear to have to cut again - there must be some tips or tricks i'm missing.................???

AllRightSoFar Mon 18-Jul-11 23:44:15

I have the same problem, which I have become quite obsessed by (sad I know) from what I gather from various woman's mags the answer is .....experiment with -color, clips, headbands, fringes and layers. I'm guessing by the time we get through that lot our hair will have grown a couple of inches. I just don't know if I can be bothered with all the effort -might just wear a hat for the next 6 months and try to look mysterious -ha!

applecrumbleandcream Tue 19-Jul-11 00:51:49

I'm just trying to grow my hair from a graduated bob into a shoulder length style. Don't want it too long as had long hair before and it took ages for me to get it looking right. Having had a graduated haircut, I have the problem that I have much shorter top layers which are proving to be a right pain as it is two different lengths. Just about managing to get it into a stumpy ponytail. I am determined this time to avoid the hairdressers smile

miche8 Tue 19-Jul-11 09:56:30

my hair is quite straight, but the other day i ran the straightners through it and it made it look quite a bit longer. perhaps worth a try?

countrysidemummy Tue 19-Jul-11 16:31:55

Lol, i like the hat option! Mine is still quite short atm and is just going into that handlebar stage - i wonder if some really slim straighteners would help, i'll give them a try thank you smile
I'll be happy when it's long enough to scrape into a pony tail at least then i won't have triangular hair!!

SunnilyEnough Tue 19-Jul-11 16:42:07

Am in the same boat - mine's very short right now. I'm thinking of trying to aim for something like this www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Michelle+Williams/FJ0LmUF3i98/Hair and then grow it out from there.

countrysidemummy Tue 19-Jul-11 22:03:13

Oooh, i like that :-)

Jammygal Tue 19-Jul-11 22:21:49

straighteners is the only way I am afraid......have been there and it is awquard I know.....persevere and it will get easier ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now