Talk

Advanced search

I want some casual converse type shoes...is converse the best?

(18 Posts)
shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 17:51:48

I need some converse low-top type shoes but wondered if there was anything better than converse. I am 35, prefer leather, not too bright white if you know what I mean. I seem to remember someone linking to some gorgeous ones ages ago but can't find them. Not a boden with silver toe type of girl. Will wear them with jeans. Have seen ugg ones and wondered if they would be wonderfully comfy but they are £££, anyone got them? TIA

uberalice Mon 18-Jul-11 19:29:26

You need PF Flyers. I love them. Never going back to Converse now.

www.schuh.co.uk/prdsearch.aspx?searchterm=pf%20flyers&sterm=pf%20flyers&js=1

shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 20:02:26

Thanx Alice will have a look. Why are they better ?

Karbea Mon 18-Jul-11 20:04:41

Superga are nice and smarter than converse IMO.

SingingSands Mon 18-Jul-11 20:05:15

I've got a pair of white converse low-rise and I hate them. Although I still wear them. I'm conflicted. Basically, they rip my heels to shreds and the soles feel too hard and flat, not comfy at all. But I wear them because they look good with certain things. Pain and beauty go hand in hand.

ChuckYouFarlie Mon 18-Jul-11 20:11:52

Emma Hope sneakers are the duck's guts but ££££ shock... unless you get them on sale for 90% off. She does lots of suedes and velvets as well as regular canvas.

ShirleySharpeyes Mon 18-Jul-11 20:13:27

I love Spring Courts, have worn them ever since I lived in France many moons ago - I find them really springy and comfy. They are sold on the Toast website but you can find them much cheaper here: along with Superga and Converse They are a little less ubiquitous than converse and I think a nicer shape.

countrysidemummy Mon 18-Jul-11 20:14:29

I have converse but find them really uncomfortable - the soles are so thin and flat! I'd look for something with more of a supportive cushioned sole next time - the ugg ones do look lovely!

shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 20:16:50

I do need them to be comfy. Am usually a heel girl but am having knee twinges so need to wear flats for a while. I like the look of both options mentioned. I know what you mean about converse. Everyone wears them so I would prefer something a little different. I like the idea of leather with rain like this!

shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 20:31:16

Has anyone seen the ugg ones in real life?

GreenTeapot Mon 18-Jul-11 20:38:20

Another vote for PFs, I got mine on eBay from the Schuh outlet, dirt cheap, leather, waterproof, thick soles with a supportive shaped insole and look fab. They're never off my feet.

talkingnonsense Mon 18-Jul-11 20:38:59

If u have knee/ back pain might be worth trying the fit flop trainer things here

shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 20:42:32

Thanks for info. I love the pf ones. May get camel colour with the turquoise on. I love turquoise! What are the sizes like I am 5.5 so do they come up generous or smaller.

uberalice Mon 18-Jul-11 21:32:13

shopalot, they're comfortable, and last longer. And being leather, they're water resistant and easier to keep clean. I think the sizes are pretty much spot on. I'm a 5 normally, and a 5 in PF Flyers too.

shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 22:03:03

Thanks alice. Have just seen ugg ones on sale in my-wardrobe. Now I am torn!

GreenTeapot Mon 18-Jul-11 22:03:41

Agree that sizing is ok, I have reeeeally wide feet though and they're fine (laces help obviously!). Being leather they do stretch a bit so bear that in mind when you try them on.

Chocamochalatte Mon 18-Jul-11 22:19:25

I've seen the Ugg ones irl, they are lovely, however think they are expensive for what they are... Also sizing really small (and narrow)

shopalot Mon 18-Jul-11 22:37:36

I think I need to actually go out shopping!!!! Instead of on-line guessing. Thanks for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now