Talk

Advanced search

underwear, matching/ mis-matched/ stylishly mis-matched. what's your preference and reality?

(11 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Mon 18-Jul-11 15:25:40

i'm re-stocking my underwear drawer now i'm done with pg and bf. i've chucked 20 (!) bras that don't fit and am starting from scratch.

do you
always match?
never match?
stylishly mis-match?
and what do you wear when you have a nude bra on? nude knickers make me a bit [boak]

dexter73 Mon 18-Jul-11 15:26:49

About 90% of the time I don't match but occasionally I will find a bra and matching pants!

stirlingstar Mon 18-Jul-11 15:33:01

Never match. What's the point?

Agree with avoiding nude pants.

FunnyLittleFrog Mon 18-Jul-11 15:42:20

Match but only as far as the same colour - black bra, black pants. The exception is when wearing a nude bra as I can't bear the thought of nude pants.

LucyRaggyDoll Mon 18-Jul-11 15:54:11

I would love to always match, but only have a couple pairs of matching bras and knickers. Otherwise whatever my hand lands on!

breatheslowly Mon 18-Jul-11 15:56:13

Never match - matching pants don't seem to be cotton and I am not keen on artificial fabrics in pants. I would love it if some of the matching pants were in cotton, but the same patterns/decorations.

Madlizzy Mon 18-Jul-11 15:57:14

50% match.

LuckyMrsT Mon 18-Jul-11 16:10:07

Ha ha yes nude pants are the worst! I like matching but don't get round to it very often, plus it would mean buying a ridiculous number of bras wouldn't it?

I wear mostly black underwear but am a bit of a knicker magpie. I bought another 7 pairs today (and 3 last week...). I like pretty/brightly coloured lacy/frilly ones and I think they look great with a black, white or nude bra.

Bought these in blue, charcoal and black - 3 for £10. Very nice.

And these in blue, pink, lilac and dark red. £2 a pair!

jenniec79 Mon 18-Jul-11 16:11:42

Ideally match, but some days I have to be glad I've found undies that go in both the categories "clean" and "fits"

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 18-Jul-11 16:26:00

Stylishly mismatch. I hate 'sets' of underwear. The very word 'set' in that context makes my toes curl. And I hate lacy froufy knickers. I like bright or strong dark colours and simple shapes – lowish cut but not shorts style. I'm also not averse to stripes and prints, but not 'pretty' prints – I prefer graphic or bold.

If I'm wearing a nude bra I tend to go for very bright knickers – seems 'right' somehow. Nude knickers are necessary sometimes though e.g. for pale or slightly see-through dresses/trousers/skirts.

LucyRaggyDoll Mon 18-Jul-11 16:49:57

I love the look of those 3 for £10 ones, LuckyMrsT. Might have to pop into M&S soon....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now