Talk

Advanced search

Facial scars

(5 Posts)
lulaloop Mon 18-Jul-11 13:28:54

This is glamorous.

I have scars on my right cheek following a dog bite as a child, two right on my the edge of my eye socket. I recently discovered what I thought was a huge wrinkle but it turns out to actually be my scar which has sort of developed into a full on line sad I don't have one on the other side and it is definitely the scar making the wrinkle. I have another large scar underneath and then various teeth marks on my cheek.

I am a bit pissed off because apparently a lifetime fear of dogs and a scarred face wasn't quite enough, now I have to have weird wrinkles.

Is there anything I can do stop one side of my face from getting wrinkly or the scars changing any more? I moisturise daily, is there anything else I can do? I have tried camouflage make up but believe it or not I am too pale for it.

I use Teinte Miracle foundation but no concealer because I wear glasses to cover the bigger scar.

Anyone have any experience of facial scars as they age? The scars are 20 years old now.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 18-Jul-11 13:34:43

have you ever used bio oil?

brookeslay Mon 18-Jul-11 13:39:53

cgi.ebay.co.uk/DERMATIX-15g-/170665526464?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item27bc7544c0

and www.riorosa.co.uk/ and before someone comes on to say they are crap I have used them. I poured a kettle of boiling water down my legs so have experience.

lulaloop Mon 18-Jul-11 13:43:41

Will scar reduction work on such old scars?

brookeslay Mon 18-Jul-11 14:23:39

I would try the rio rosa oil as it did work on some old marks I had and its lovely to use. Perhaps email the dermatix to ask them on what to expect for older scars. I would also take Udo Choice oil as it has a great effect on skin smoothing plumping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now