Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a North Face Resolve jacket?

(8 Posts)
Teachermumof3 Sun 17-Jul-11 20:51:15

After getting drenched this weekend, I wondered if this was the way forward! I have a gorgeous Boden hooded mac, but it's a bit stiff and not the sort of thing you can shove under a pushchair when the rain stops.

However, is the North Face one just an overpriced pac-a-mac, or is it so much more...!?

MissMarjoribanks Sun 17-Jul-11 22:39:20

I'm not sure whether it is the Resolve one or not, but I have a short black North Face waterproof jacket. I love it. It is light, warm enough to wear without a fleece on all but the bitterest of days, very very very waterproof and doesn't look as 'sad mum' as the longer ones with multicoloured bits. I wear it to push the pushchair in the rain, did Buggyfit in it and before DS it went up various mountains including Snowdon. It's only disadvantage is that on a day like today, it can get a bit warm. But then it can be shoved under my tiny Maclaren.

dahu Sun 17-Jul-11 22:54:29

I have resolve and a pack a mac, I stupidly wore pac a mac the other day and I felt horrible and sticky. The north face one can be worn with a t shirt under and it never feels like it is sticky, and it is very waterproof.

dahu Sun 17-Jul-11 22:56:08

And also shop around, both millets and blacks do good on line discounts and offers, you can get a new one for cheaper than a second hand one on ebay.

Tourelles Mon 18-Jul-11 08:10:10

I have a resolve, just bought after the awful weather! is great - very waterproof, and looks good too, slightly fitted, hood tucks away as well. An investment I think!

1gglePiggle Mon 18-Jul-11 08:46:51

Has anyone got the parka that is slightly longer? Debating whether to get that instead of jacket as will keep bum covered (and dry!).

Fimbo Mon 18-Jul-11 09:24:30

I have the resolve in the cream colour - goes with anything! (apart from skirts!). I have a largish handbag and just toss it in there whenever the weather looks iffy. Has saved me on many an occasion. Dh has it in the chocolate brown. We bought them from Blacks when they had one of their deals on - buy one get one half price.

Teachermumof3 Wed 20-Jul-11 10:06:08

Hmmm, thanks ladies; it has just arrived! I like it, but have two worries.

a) is it a bit masculine (quite a big collar-though I'm not sure why that would be masculine!)??
b) is it a bit short? It only just covers my behind and I'm not very tall!

Am umming and ahhing about whether to keep it or send it back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now