Talk

Advanced search

Oil Cleansing Method - does this work on acne/rosacea skin

(4 Posts)
fraggle73 Sun 17-Jul-11 20:38:58

Have used so many products over the years and since having my dd 8 months ago, my skin is still not great. red and spotty on cheeks and chin, currently using zineryt since March, not much improvement. have heard so much about this method, wonderig if suitable for my skin type?

skandi1 Sun 17-Jul-11 23:54:07

If you suffer from rosacea, have you tried a prescription product called finacea? Do try it. It can work better than many of the antibiotics you apply directly

For me, euthromycin antibiotic either orally or as a cream is good too.

I do OCM. I don't use castor oil as it didn't feel good and made my skin worse. I use grapeseed, almond or jojoba oil at night and no moisturiser. During the day I use SPF zinc cream and mineral make up.

My rosacea first appeared during my first pregnancy and as I had always had nice skin it was a very unpleasant surprise. Got me down a lot. It fairly well controlled just now. I don't really suffer too much from spots/postules but am just very red on cheeks and chin. Hate it.

You could buy a small bottle of grapeseed or jojoba oil to experiment with first.

Pin0t Mon 18-Jul-11 13:07:09

<marks place>

valiumredhead Mon 18-Jul-11 13:12:41

Yes I have it mildly and since I have been using TOCM my skin has really improved.

I use Baby bottom butter stuff from Waitrose, or Aveena, Liz Earle cleanse and polish and a muslin cloth in warm water - a flannel doesn't do the same job ime has to be muslin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now