Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

ZUMBA anyone?

(7 Posts)
ameliagrey Sun 17-Jul-11 19:21:32

Not sure where to put htis as it's not health ..

but does anyone do Zumba and what's it like?

I was told not to jog or bounce due to pelvic floor repair ages back, so if it involves star jumps etc forget it- so anyone?

oneofsuesylvesterscheerios Sun 17-Jul-11 19:37:55

It's very bouncy so I wouldn't recOmmens it unless you've got industrial strength tena-lady pants.

Wouldn't pilates be much more suitable?

oneofsuesylvesterscheerios Sun 17-Jul-11 19:38:22

recommend

TheFarSide Sun 17-Jul-11 19:41:32

You don't have to bounce, you can just walk the steps.

HOWEVER, there are lots of moves & sequences to learn and the classes are all so jam-packed you can never get near the front to see what the instructor is doing, so for these reasons alone I wouldn't bother.

CoteDAzur Sun 17-Jul-11 19:42:27

It sounds silly.

WillPenn Mon 18-Jul-11 00:09:51

It's good - though much jogging and bouncing involved. I've done it a few times at the gym now and it is a really good work out. I'm sure I look like a complete twerp and am rarely in time, but it's fun and I work up a sweat so who cares?!

HeavyHeidi Mon 18-Jul-11 09:23:29

It's quite fun and indeed you don't have to run and jump, but it would be quite boring then I think. What about Bodypump instead - no jumping whatsoever, but great workout.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: