Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Time to start using age stoping creams etc ....which ones?

(4 Posts)
WellIShouldNever Sun 17-Jul-11 18:20:39

Sadly, over the last few days I have come to the conclusion that I need to start using something to help my face. What do I use? Boots own brand, CLinque, CLarins? Do I bother with a seperate eye cream? I just don't know where to start... I don't really feel comfortable using one of the beauty counters in a dept store, not very girly at all so I have no idea at all.
Have heard Dermalogica is good? Any advice needed and appreciated.
Thank you.

PaintedToenails Sun 17-Jul-11 19:37:49

I've always found the Boots No.7 to be very good and not eye-bleedingly expensive compared to some! I do have very dry skin though so I don't know how others with different skin types find it.

I personally will never use Clinique again.....their 1 2 3 step is not that good, even the one for dry skin did no good for me. And that yellow, thin moisteriser stuff they have is pants. I think they call it Dramatically Different.....but then it could just be me, others may have had different experiences.

I'm using Boots No.7 eye cream at the moment, it's very nice and quite moisturising but I'm not sure it's making huge differences anti-aging wise.

ameliagrey Sun 17-Jul-11 20:24:51

I'm a fan of REN ( bit of a cult but can buy online and at John Lewis) and also Clinique- but not the cleansing 3 step. I do like theri super defence and youth surge and Repair Wear gets good reviews.

However, recent reports say that Olay is very effective- they have a new anti ageing range out.

Eye creams not essential.

Best advice is use sunscreen spf 25 under make up etc every day.

WellIShouldNever Sun 17-Jul-11 20:36:41

Thanks for the advice ladies. SPF 25 every day sounds like a good tip. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: