Talk

Advanced search

Find me an attractive, hooded raincoat please

(7 Posts)
MrsCornish Sun 17-Jul-11 16:04:45

If that's not a contradiction right there.

I don't really want a flowery one, and I don't want it to look like a shiny pacamac, but i do want a coat length rain coat, that is properly waterproof, and that is fairly lightweight. Ideally, i'd like it to be pea-green. Or brown, or grey.

I found this but I think it's probably horrible, right?

trixymalixy Sun 17-Jul-11 18:38:42

I have this in noir which is actually dark blue, but they have it in sable as well.

It's properly seam sealed so waterproof and French so chic!

MrsCornish Sun 17-Jul-11 18:59:15

hmm that link was to a random ebay clothes page! show me again show me show me please

trixymalixy Sun 17-Jul-11 19:10:07

try again

WillPenn Mon 18-Jul-11 00:14:38

I have this It is pricey but is stylish, very well made (taped seams, waterproof zip, peaked hood that stays on) and has seen me some very rainy Edinburgh days! I'm pleased I spent the money on it as it is the best raincoat I've ever had.

faustina Mon 18-Jul-11 06:41:54

I bought this in black the other day when I got caught out. Not shiny at all. Might be a stopgap? They also seem to have it in pea green and it's only a tenner. You can cut it to size:

www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec=5&Sub=130&PID=958

MrsCornish Mon 18-Jul-11 20:35:46

that muji one might be a good holiday buy. and i LOVE the Daefae website. I'm tempted by the stripey ones, but maybe neutral is much much more sensible. pricey though, but it might last me til i'm Very Very Old. Bearing in mind that the last time i bought a raincoat was 1997, approx.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now