Talk

Advanced search

Hate my new haircut.

(7 Posts)
neepsntatties Sun 17-Jul-11 11:09:38

I had a side fringe cut in but I don't like it. She also cut it shorter than I wanted and put in layers that are heavier than I asked for. It will take months to grow out, am very depressed by it. Any tips for coping in the mean time? I feel rubbish right now.

LuckyMrsT Sun 17-Jul-11 11:20:08

Oh bless you. I once cried in a salon after being given a heavily layered short bob with a fringe. I'd specifically said I didn't want it short or with a fringe confused.

Straightening it to make it look swingy and as long as possible might work. And to state the obvious it will grow.

Chocamochalatte Sun 17-Jul-11 11:22:44

This happened to me recently too sad I ended up using clips to keep it out of the way. The worse thing with mine is that I have a cows lick plus curly hair (!) so looked even shorter.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 17-Jul-11 11:25:50

This happened to me last October, gave me a bob that made me look like a wallace and gromit character.

I take brewers yeast, kelp and zinc to encourage growth.

Can you tie it back? or is it too short? it will grow.

I always make sure hairdressers show me how much they are cutting now and where the first is being made. I dont care if they think I'm fussy.

neepsntatties Sun 17-Jul-11 11:26:01

My hair is curly too. I didn't notice how short it was until she dried it and when I saw the layers I nearly cried. The fringe wasn't as bad in the salon but I can't deal with it. I've always had long hair, I hate it this short. sad

TattyDevine Sun 17-Jul-11 11:28:59

Side fringe will grow soon enough and merge in with the other hair. Within a few weeks you will probably have found a "way" with it that is acceptable. If you haven't washed and dried your hair yourself yet, do so, as you might just find a way of styling it you like better - I never like the way hairdressers style my hair. Some are better than other but its never as good as me wink

Heavy layers can be "lightened" and sort of feathered into but at this stage you might be wanting to just leave it alone.

Don't underestimate what some clip in extensions can do. You might be recoiling in horror but if you get something like this , see where each clip is, you can actually cut the weft so you have 6 or 7 different small individual wefts and you can cut the hair as well to the right length. Sounds silly but a couple of extra "bits" at the front to merge too short bits in and give more movement might be all it needs...

neepsntatties Sun 17-Jul-11 19:07:25

Thanks, I am extra gutted because I recently had a baby and I hate my body right now so was hoping nice hair would cheer me up. Now I feel like a total minger. If she hadn't taken so much off it might have been ok. It will grow, but bleh in the meantime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now