Talk

Advanced search

What trends for autumn?

(3 Posts)
miniwedge Sun 17-Jul-11 09:08:31

I always get caught out and buy autumn/winter stuff too late and then nothing is in stock.

Any fashionistas out there who can show me what will be "in" this autumn?

madammecholet Sun 17-Jul-11 10:55:10

So i've been reading.........Go glamour for A/W, lots of Luxe, animal print <sorry all those who hate a bit of leopard>, but its here to stay apparently, in anything from shoes/handbags to belts.

FUR will be huge again - faux fur coats, hats, handbags

Brights will stay, but in deeper autumnal colours - bright teals/pinks/purples.

Anything Vintage, or with a vintage feel. Lace is coming through, on overlays etc....pearls also, as detailing on shirts jackets etc.

Bird prints / butterfly prints are also going to be big, on sheer shirts etc - see asos.

Trousers are pencil tailored, or palazzo (urgh). Skirts are to the knee - you'll see alot of heavily pleated silk numbers, but beware they are hard to pull off. Jackets/Blazers are back to fitted (away from boyfriend cut).

The general feel I think is vintage - think old fashioned aeroplane meets luxe hollywood.

Does that make ANY sense at all?!

But don't take my word for it!

TracyK Sun 17-Jul-11 10:58:12

I can't wait for autumn - I have a whole load of Mint Velvet stuff from last year that I haven't worn yet.
Fed up of this pissy warm rain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now