Talk

Advanced search

£250 for clothes from M&S - can I do this and be trendy/flattered?

(3 Posts)
branstonsandcheese Sat 16-Jul-11 21:16:41

Have £250 M&S vouchers. Could spend it all on food but would like to have a bit more to show for it than that and do need some clothes as I have gone up a size and a half following medical treatment and none of my clothes fit or look nice anymore sad So I thought I'd spend half on wine and half on clothes or something.

Have gone up from a 10/12 to a big 14 and - worse - gone from a slender-waisted pear to a pear with a big gut (sausage?), so my usual default of nipped-in waists and skirts doesn't look nice. Been wearing giant cotton trousers and baggy t-shirts (beachwear basically), and think I need to accept I'm going to be this size for a while and try to dress for it a bit better.

Does anyone have any recommendations for nice, preferably natural-fibres, stuff from M&S? I was thinking maybe some colourful cropped cardis and vests but will consider anything.

Need 'everyday' clothes rather than work or eveningwear. Will be getting some pants - have a couple of nice bras in new size already. Will be ordering online and sending back stuff which doesn't suit.

Any pointers (or advice to spend it all on wine!), welcome!

lawnimp Sat 16-Jul-11 21:17:41

go for underwear and autograph stuff

branstonsandcheese Sun 17-Jul-11 15:52:51

God, I'm not liking the look of anything sad Might wait for winter coat time? What's a good shop for decent 'tempoary' basics for a sausage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now