Talk

Advanced search

Where do the short of stature wobbly tummy people purchase jeans?

(19 Posts)
HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 16-Jul-11 20:22:36

That is all grin

cardoon Sat 16-Jul-11 20:55:42

I'm loving these

Udderly Sat 16-Jul-11 20:57:21

Marking place

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 16-Jul-11 20:59:24

Nice, but not flattering for my muffin top I feel grin

miche8 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:02:05

levis curve

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 16-Jul-11 21:18:58

miche, loads of people have recommended them, but even my local levi store didn't have and in a definite size 12 waist, and 27"/28" leg smile, I really don't want to have to spend that much as I wear them hard, but considered it as I was getting desperate.

Udderly Sat 16-Jul-11 21:46:20

I recently got a pair of Scarlett jeans in Oasis after they were raved about on another site. They are ok, I find myself going to them regularly for everyday use. I don't think I look FANTASTIC in them the way I do with a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans - but I can't bend down in them! grin

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 16-Jul-11 21:53:09

<off to investigate Oasis>

do you mean you CAN bend in the Oasis ones?

I have a 18month old and cycle, butt crack free bending is vvv important to my people (my people being short and with jelly belly people)

Udderly Sat 16-Jul-11 22:22:17

Yeah, they are a mid-rise. I have the small, which is fine with flats, I'd probably need the regular for heels and I'm short - 28 inch leg. I am of your people!! grin

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 16-Jul-11 22:24:46

<hi fives Udderly for being of a very select group wink>

I'll try some on this week and see

TapselteerieO Sat 16-Jul-11 22:26:36

Topshop are my everyday jeans (I am 5ft, size 12 in the petite, 30 inch leg seems too big for me in 12, in the waist and leg), the Martha jeans are good, there are none online just now, but they are straight leg, so I think they flatter everyone.

Also worth a look in River Island, but again their short is too long for me, so I have to wear with heels, you have to search to find the right pair... I am considering paying more because I have struggled to find good jeans lately.

I used to really like New Look, but it has been a while since I bought any from there, they did at least fit perfectly in length and were very cheap.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 16-Jul-11 22:48:22

It's not just me then confused, NEVER had this much hassle. Is it me or have most stores short length / petite length got about 3" longer confused, Levi only seem to expect really skinny short people they only had short lengths in the size 6 and 8's.

higgle Sun 17-Jul-11 12:42:37

Well, my Sainsbury's Tu jeans in "short" are trailing along the floor - I've neverhad this problem before (they are only for dog walking and housework, but they would be quite nice if the bottom of the legs wasn't soaked through from wet grass)

ByTheSea Sun 17-Jul-11 12:44:10

For cheap jeans, I like Matalan. They have a variety of styles and come in several lengths.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sun 17-Jul-11 12:45:22

It's heightest I tell you, heightest!

Definitely convinced that short is now the old regular sad the shortest most catalogues go to now is 31"

MrsPlesWearsAFez Sun 17-Jul-11 12:48:38

I couldn't find any Marthas in Topshop last week - have they stopped selling them?

My last pair was from DP. Mid- high waist (without being mumsy), and just the right length with flats.

TapselteerieO Sun 17-Jul-11 18:26:09

I have heard on here(s&b) that Martha jeans were getting redesigned, Just hope that doesn't mean they are still going to do them in petite. Topshop do do 28 and 26 inch leg jeans but they are very limited styles.

cardoon Sun 17-Jul-11 18:37:54

Why don't you want them to do petite Tap?

TapselteerieO Sun 17-Jul-11 19:28:29

Typo I meant I hope they are going to make them in petite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now