Talk

Advanced search

L'Oreal foundations- anyone?

(8 Posts)
ameliagrey Sat 16-Jul-11 14:54:32

In my search for pale foundation- before I splash out on By Terry- anyone used L'oreals? looking at the anti ageing serum one.

I am slightly optimisitc as their porcelain shade looks very pale and indeed I may even need to move up to the next shade!

Anyone used them?

sparkle1977 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:10:45

I am currently using the L'Oreal Infallible one which is pretty good. I am fairly pale and use shade 125, natural rose I think.

Before buying I did what the make up counter ladies do and wipe makeup off from my lower cheek area and put on the new foundation to make sure it matched.

skyebluepink Sat 16-Jul-11 22:25:15

no but I do like Bourjois www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/foundation/healthy_mix_foundation healthy mix - try that before you bankrupt yourself on by Terry!

QuinnFabray Sat 16-Jul-11 22:44:23

I agree, I love Bourjois Healthy Mix, and also Bourjois 10 hour sleef effect, for a lighter dewy finish. I think they are comparable to high end brands. Prefer the Bourjois to any other I have tried. . . Chanel, Lancome, Dior etc

Gillybobs Sat 16-Jul-11 23:21:46

YES!!! I'm using the Serum Inside L'oreal as my everyday foundation (I like Estee Lauder DW for evening/occasions) and I am really loving it. Goes on like a dream, gives gorgeous coverage and last well which is often an issue for me. Will def be repurchasing. Not using the lightest colour though so cant help there

ameliagrey Sun 17-Jul-11 09:12:55

Tricky- the Serum foundation got terrible reviews on Boots online site.

Gillybobs Sun 17-Jul-11 11:06:57

It has 4 and a half stars out of five on boots website.

I find it excellent and have used many foundations twice the price

ameliagrey Sun 17-Jul-11 13:27:30

I've just bought the True Match in Ivory and I am really impressed!
it compares better than Estee lauder Regenerist and Lancome Photogenic whose colours were not quite right.

I am used to Clinique Repair Wear which is very thick and gungy- like a treatment cream and which I have used for years - but the palest shade now is too dark- can get away with it, vut feel it's like a mask.

Going back to L'oreal- the shades are different in different foundations- so Ivory in the Serum one was different ( more yellow) than in True Match.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now