Talk

Advanced search

Any users of Posietint?

(15 Posts)
Stuffedcat Sat 16-Jul-11 11:56:54

Just bought some.
Can I have any tips for application, is brush or fingers best. I like the colour and staying power but am struggling with the application. confused

LongGoneBeforeDaylight Sat 16-Jul-11 14:01:53

Yes I use posietint, I also use benetint (which I generally prefer).

I put two little crosses on the applies of my cheek and then blend with fingers, and reapply if it hasn't made enough impact. I usually add high beam too.

I use the brush to apply it to my lips, so pretend the brush is like a lipstick, don't use fingers at all as it tends to remove it.

Hope this helps!

Pin0t Sat 16-Jul-11 14:08:14

YY I love posietint. I also love Benetint, but prefer posietint in the summer.

I usually dawb two small circles high up on my cheekbones and pat/spread with my ring finger, followed by a touch of HighBeam, Love it - really natural look and as it's a thicker more gel-like consistency then benetint it feels lovely.

I also use the brush to apply it as a liptint. Then a cover of vaseline to give gloss. Lasts for hours smile Don't apply opaque lipbalm over the top as I read that breaks the colour down - just clear balm or vaseline works best.

TrillianAstra Sat 16-Jul-11 14:25:46

I use the SUperdrug 2true cheap version of Posietint - it has more colour in it and is about £2.

I put a couple of dots on my ceeks and blend with fingers. It's too PINK for my lips though.

Bunbaker Sat 16-Jul-11 14:37:27

I have never heard of this product, but it sounds fab. Next time I am in Boots I must try some. I will have a look in Superdrug at their product as well. I am pale and always need a spot of lip and cheek colour to look human so thanks for the heads up on these products smile

TrillianAstra Sat 16-Jul-11 14:40:59

Posietint

Superdrug version

I'm not saying it's the same thing, I'm just saying that I have tried both and I find that the Superdrug one gives more colour.

Pin0t Sat 16-Jul-11 14:43:46

Ooh good find Trills. I'll try that when I run out. £2 is baraginous! Have you tried the darker one (presumably benetint-alike)?

TrillianAstra Sat 16-Jul-11 14:48:56

Haven't tried the darker one because I find Benetint to be the wrong colour for my cheeks.

I have some of [http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_Makeup&CatCode=C_Makeup_Cheeks&prdcode=11882m this Body Shop]] stuff that I use as a lip stain, but it was on the front of a magazine.

TrillianAstra Sat 16-Jul-11 14:49:10

this

ComradeJing Sat 16-Jul-11 15:55:03

I love posietint. On me it's a much easier colour to wear than benetint and perfect for days when you just want tinted moisteriser, mascara and lip balm to be finished.

PollyRoxs Sat 16-Jul-11 16:41:11

I have never tried any of these but I am loving the sound of them. I will be looking them out next time I am in town. It is just when you wear a tinted moisturiser that real blusher is a bit too much. This might be problem solved.
Thanks ladies

halcyondays Sat 16-Jul-11 18:36:27

I got the mini one that came with Glamour. I just use fingers to blend it on my cheeks. It's nice enough but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I'll probably try the Superdrug one when it's finished, it sounds good.

MissKittyEliza Sun 17-Jul-11 14:42:03

Can I ask.... The Superdrug version, could you swim in it.....say on holiday? When you say long-lasting Trills, how long lasting?

TrillianAstra Sun 17-Jul-11 14:55:00

I don't think I said long-lasting, did I?

You could swim in it, and nothing bad would happen - you wouldn't get pink everywhere. It might disappear, I'm not sure, but it wouldn't make a mess.

MissKittyEliza Sun 17-Jul-11 14:58:31

Ok, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now