Talk

Advanced search

Experts on LANCOME foundations please! Again....

(4 Posts)
ameliagrey Sat 16-Jul-11 08:42:59

Went to various London stores yesterday asking for samples- and got some but others out of stock. sad

I am confused as different sales assts. told me diferent things! confused

One said Teint Miracle was light coverage only ( no good) but another said it was the same coverage as Photogenic!

I am very pale and understand there is shade 01- Porcelain, and 010- Alabaster, which is more pink toned (Estee Lauder woman said i could use either tone but was slightly more pink toned.)

I am looking at Lancome:

Photogenic- but only comes in 01 shade.(like texture but may be too yellow in 01- have got sample)
Teint Idole- in 01 and 010- got sample
Teint Miracle- think it's in 01 and 010- no samples available out of stock.

My skin is normalish and relatively unlined although I am what they would call "mature".

Has anyone used any of the above and what would you say?

echt Sat 16-Jul-11 09:00:59

I use Teint Renergie Lift in the next to palest shade.

I, too, am mature.

Naturally, it lifts nothing, but is excellent. I am naturally pale, but tan in the sun. It's even better over a primer, Laura Mercier is, of course, tops, but Clinique's City Block is very good as is Nude's primer.

Tried the much cried-up Chanel Vitalumiere, but it is yellow.

ameliagrey Sat 16-Jul-11 10:19:39

Thanks.

I havejust tried the samples out now- 01 in Photogenic is far too yellow.
Teint Idole ultra is okay but very thin and not much coverage and again, shade not quite right.

I always ue Clinique City Block anyway.

Havingkittens Sat 16-Jul-11 10:31:33

Teint Idole Ultra is actually pretty good coverage. Miracle isn't but because of its texture, covers a multitude of sins. Photogenic is nice as long as you don't have oily skin.

As far as shades go, 010 is super pale. Try a sample of 02 - not darker than 01, just the pinker version of that tone.

The new Illanasqua foundations are very nice and have a massive range of pale shades, from yellow to pink and also a neutral which is a balance of the two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now