Talk

Advanced search

I need a summer dress......

(13 Posts)
razors Fri 15-Jul-11 23:58:41

......sounds easy, except I have put on two stone in the past few years and when I was a slim size 6 - 8 everything looked good - now I'm a cuddly, curvy 12 - 14 - nothing looks good on me! All the weight is on my tummy and bum and I'm petite - only 5 feet. Help! How can I keep cool and look good - Oh budget - maximum £30.

smilesandsun Sat 16-Jul-11 09:19:18

bumping cause I need one too, size 6-8

even just advice on what shop is best to go to...

thx

cardoon Sat 16-Jul-11 09:30:28

I have this - really lovely quality and very pretty

cardoon Sat 16-Jul-11 09:33:04

Just noticed your budget - sorry blush (but I would say It's worth the extra few pounds)

Mumelie Sat 16-Jul-11 11:56:00

This is cute and flattering (I have it and am a size 14). Also Boden and only just slightly over your budget. Still available in the green in a 12 and 14.

cardoon Sat 16-Jul-11 12:04:57

ooh, I have that too Mumelie - would also recommend!

razors Sun 17-Jul-11 00:04:58

Thank you cardoon and mumelie. I love them both and yes worth the extra few pounds!

Would I not appear lumpy in those though? They look quite figure hugging on those lovely slim models envy

I tried on a few floaty numbers but find they make me look huge if too much fabric - I also find things gathered under my bust make me look pregnant. What about wrap over or shirt dress styles? Are they flattering? tried some on in H&M but were awful (terrible quality!)

Have been searching the racks in the sales hoping to find a bargain but no joy.

Smileandsun - are you in the UK? what sort of thing are you looking for?

Zwitterion Sun 17-Jul-11 08:18:44

That Boden dress is very flattering OP. I ordered in the green as all they had left, but unfortunately animal print just isn't me, so it went back. I so wish I'd ordered earlier!

The cut is brilliant - definitely takes pounds off.

razors Sun 17-Jul-11 22:13:05

Thank you Zwitterion - I'll give it a try - if they have my size left!

acsec Sun 17-Jul-11 22:16:31

Any of these? Joe Browns

razors Sun 17-Jul-11 22:44:50

Thanks acsec, I do love Joe Browns and have a couple of their jumpers - I'd like the wrap dress and tea dress but didn't have my size left - would those styles suit me though? buying clothes used to be so easy - I knew what suited me and where to buy it - now I try things but they are all wrong - Maybe I should just stop looking in mirrors : )

acsec Sun 17-Jul-11 23:09:48

I'm a size 14 - 16 and prom style dresses are flattering. Also like these

this is nice

nice

this

razors Sun 17-Jul-11 23:19:39

Love the style of the first one - cleavage being the only advantage to my weight gain!! I like the other two also - thanks for those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now