Talk

Advanced search

Fecking arsing St tropez coming off already

(19 Posts)
Caz10 Fri 15-Jul-11 13:06:39

Had St tropez done last night for event tomorrow on beautician's advice, did as instructed and didn't shower till this morning, didn't scrub, patted dry etc. My face and thighs are almost back to their normal colour, so are my hands! I didn't want to be really dark as I am naturally fair skinned, but also didn't want to look like a patchwork quilt!! Waargg! Anything I can do to patch it up? That could make it worse I think...

MissFoodie Fri 15-Jul-11 14:14:57

can't advise as have never had one, however, had my first ever spray tan last night by Beau Bronz (chemical free) and it's bloody amazing; I am super pale (light reflective legs) and it looks so natural people are asking me if I've been away...!
they sprayed some kind of "colour lock" spray over tan, then had to wait 10 mins then do nothing til this morning, I had a shower, all normal and looks fine. Do they do this spray over the st tropez also?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 15-Jul-11 14:16:30

Can you go back - it sounds like it hasn't 'taken' in those areas - no idea why, were you wearing body lotion or tight jeans after?

Caz10 Fri 15-Jul-11 14:35:26

Body lotion this am, but they told me to do that, wore loose clothes until this morning. Heading off in car now so no chance to retouch! Wail!!! Will look out for that other brand, and no, there was no "top coat". BOOO. Thank you for input tho!

MissFoodie Fri 15-Jul-11 14:41:23

when I had mine done, they first sprayed an exfoliator, then the tan, then a "lock in" spray

ChuckYouFarlie Fri 15-Jul-11 18:41:46

Don't panic! Wash-off tan/bronzer is the answer. It'll patch up your piebald bits.

Read this Sali Hughes column from the Guardian for easy how-to tips, and then go out and buy the Garnier Ambre Solaire or M&S product, or any of the other ones she has recommended.

Sali is the bees knees when it comes to this stuff.

teejwood Fri 15-Jul-11 18:49:58

MissFoodie am tired of being so pasty - where did you get yours done?

Caz10 Fri 15-Jul-11 23:01:02

Brilliant thanks!

teejwood Sat 16-Jul-11 08:41:12

<stupid question alert> does anyone have any experience of whether these wash-off products stay on in chlorinated water ie when you're swimming?

BirdyArms Sat 16-Jul-11 10:48:00

Wash off products definitely wouldn't stay on swimming. I have M & S one and it's very good but comes off with the slightest drop of water.

teejwood Sat 16-Jul-11 11:32:42

thanks, birdy -back to the drawing board i go!

SoloAgainItSeems Sat 16-Jul-11 11:39:30

I had a St Tropez 10 years ago before going to Australia and I ended up looking really streaky within a few days...I've never have another one.
They just did the whole colour thing and that was it. Looked like a dirty old bag lady grin.

SoloAgainItSeems Sat 16-Jul-11 11:39:59

I'd never have another one.

Caz10 Sun 17-Jul-11 16:39:41

Neither would I based on this weekend! To be fair, it was better and quicker than what I could have managed at home whilst juggling 2 kids etc, but wouldn't rush back to that particular salon. The colour was nice though and I am very pale normally. Not sure if the streaks/inconsistency was the fault of the product or the application iyswim!

SoloAgainItSeems Sun 17-Jul-11 23:54:29

No idea, but I reckon a spray tan has to be a better bet these days.

Caz10 Mon 18-Jul-11 15:06:35

Oh this was a spray! Yes have had a rub on one before, fake bake, it was pretty dreadful!

MissFoodie Mon 18-Jul-11 16:27:14

it's still going strong!!!
I had Beau Bronz at ARK in Putney, will be writing full review soon on the blog
is v good!
am going to try their products to use at home, will let you know if as good!

SoloAgainItSeems Mon 18-Jul-11 23:21:49

Ooooh! dunno then!

teejwood Tue 19-Jul-11 10:58:19

MissFoodie - would your tan stay on in chlorinated water?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now