Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

help! need shoes and cardi to go with this dress

(6 Posts)
penelopethefrog Thu 14-Jul-11 21:31:05

I have this in green. I'd like to be able to wear it in an everyday sense. I have three children under 5 and need to be able to throw things on. I am 33, size 14/16 and have no innate sense of style or colour. I hate choosing shoes as I just don't have a clue what will look nice and what will make me look like my mother. (Who is lovely, but 30 years older than me).

FauxFox Fri 15-Jul-11 12:52:04

Any summer dress looks nice dressed down with a cropped denim jacket and a pair of tan leather sandals (flat or wedge heels).

Karbea Fri 15-Jul-11 13:00:38

I can't get the link to work, but a red cardi would look nice with a green dress.

katz Fri 15-Jul-11 13:03:09

i have these shoes in the lighter brown and they are really comfy and go with everything. I can walk miles in them. I had to put an extra hole in the strap as i have tiny ankles but otherwise fab shoes.

penelopethefrog Fri 15-Jul-11 14:26:08

Thanks for the link katz - I like those shoes.

karbea - I'm not sure I'm brave enough to match a red cardi with a green dress. Really??? smile

Karbea Fri 15-Jul-11 14:42:34

Yes red goes really well with green.
I'm really into the colour wheel at the moment, I've alway been a black with black person, but when I got married earlier in the year I had bright blue shoes, I was going to have cream/ivory flowers, but that it would all look a bit wishy washy, so I read up about the colour wheel, and was brave and went with bright orange, and it looked amazing, had so many complements.

Look at this i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/20/article-1368261-0B41CF8100000578-464_468x695.jpg hope that works.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: