Talk

Advanced search

Este Lauder double wear foundation...

(47 Posts)
HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:06:36

Does anyone wear this? I've recently bought it and it is AMAZING!! only...how the f*ck do you get it off?!

I use 3 step clinique plus scrub and prewash and the cotton wool pad after the toner is still orange!

southeasthamster Thu 14-Jul-11 21:09:00

blimey how much did you use grin

i use the dw light and it just washes off

AitchTwoOh Thu 14-Jul-11 21:11:05

i have dw light as well (bought it after putting it in the swears by... nothing if not suggestible, moi) and it comes off fine with some liz earle cleanser and a muslin.

AitchTwoOh Thu 14-Jul-11 21:11:22

it is fookin' fantastic, isn't it?

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 21:12:03

The DW normal one is like PVA glue.

It was vile and mask like imo.

never tried the DW light as that put me off completely.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 21:12:40

OP - try vim. grin

Bifacils cleanser is a good'un (Lancome)

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Jul-11 21:13:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

southeasthamster Thu 14-Jul-11 21:14:19

vim or some sort of facial scrub

baby oil? swarfega?

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:14:46

I think I have the normal one, and in all fairness I do put a fair amount on (bloody chocolate spots!!) but I would've thought 3 face washes it would come off!!

I marvel in it's flawlessness, it is worth the scrubbing!

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:16:57

What's vim?

And southeasthamster I have no idea what that acronym means?!

SnapesOnAPlane Thu 14-Jul-11 21:25:19

Swarfega is what mechanics use to get the oil off their hands grin
more cleanser, more cleanser and more cleanser
can you conceal the chocolate spots instead of having to mask your whole face? Presuming a chocolate spot is a freckle/beauty mark of some sort

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:25:45

LOL just googled that an found it's not an acronym!

I think my dad has some at home.... grin

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 21:26:14

Vim is an old industrial strength powdered sink cleaner. i think it was powdered carbolic acid or something grin

That ten-oh-six cleanser I used as a teenager in the 90s would do.

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:26:36

Chocolate spot = normal spots caused by excessive chocolate consumption!

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:27:49

I think I need to get myself down to B&Q! Wonder if they do a sensitive range grin

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 21:28:05

Yes it does look flawless, but don't you think in waxy masklike way? I felt like an Estee Lauder counter assistant/transvestite wearing that.

Plus it was so orange.

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:29:30

I have the lightest one so luckily only looks orange on the pad.

My DH said I looked like a doll but I thought he was joking.....definitely going for half measures now!

applecrumbleandcream Thu 14-Jul-11 21:47:51

I wear DW in ivory beige and it is neither waxy or masklike and doesn't look orange at all (not as much as a lot of other pricey brands). Suppose it depends on how much you use. I just use a dot on chin, nose, both cheeks and forehead and blend that in. Bottle lasts me ages.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 14-Jul-11 21:52:18

I'm with GetOrf, I tried the normal double wear and it was like a paste, I felt 100 wearing it, like it was designed for grannies. And yes it took some cleaning. I'm too traumatised to try the light one. In fact I have mostly had hideous foundation experiences since prescriptives died, what with being ridiculously fair.

LovelyDaffs Thu 14-Jul-11 21:57:41

I bought some for the first time recently and love it, I tried a sample of dw and dw light before buying and found the colour of the dw was a better match. So far I've only worn it when I'm out for a night and stick to nivea tinted moisturiser during the day. However it's summer and I can't be doing with proper foundation in the summer.

Haven't had any problems removing it, I either use a glycolic wash cleanser or dermalogica cleansing wash both with a muslin.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 21:58:40

Claire I am deathly porcelain pale, the lightest DW was too dark and orange for me. Have y ou tried Lancome? They do very pale ones which suit me well, Teint Miracle is very good and light. Also By Terry if you have money to burn.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 21:59:26

I applied the DW with a foundation brush as well. I looked as if I had pasted my face with dulux.

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 14-Jul-11 21:59:42

I'm a massive DW Light fan, and I've tried a lot of foundations in my time!

ClaireDeLoon Thu 14-Jul-11 22:19:42

I will try lancome ta GetOrf. I have looked at ByTerry in SpaceNK but ended up with Laura Mercier foundation as ByTerry but LM is tending towards too orangey, although the LM tinted foundation is a great match for sheer coverage.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 14-Jul-11 22:21:02

That should have been 'as By Terry' was very expensive...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now