Talk

Advanced search

Is YSL Touche Eclat (still) the best thing for dark circles?

(22 Posts)
Awomancalledhorse Thu 14-Jul-11 13:58:15

I'm a VERY pale person (like the Ginger One from Girls Aloud), would Touche Eclat be the best thing for my awful, looks like I've gone 10 rounds with Klitschko, dark circles?

Or is there a better product out there for vampires?

My foundation is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in 004 champagne (to give you an idea of how pale I am)!

DuchessEm Thu 14-Jul-11 15:21:22

I've got really dark circles, too, but I find touch eclat just makes me look strange as it is too reflective and chalky. I have started using a little self tan on my face to give me a bit more colour (I'm also very pale) and then using this which gives a more natural look. They have it in a few shades so is easy to match up to your skin tone. I've also used Benefit's erase paste which is good, but again, it is very thick and I like a more natural finish.

Madlizzy Thu 14-Jul-11 15:24:57

I was recommended Bobbi Brown's correcter and concealer, and they are brilliant. They'll colour match them to your skin. A little pricey, but will last for ages. I got mine from Selfridge's in Manchester.

Pin0t Thu 14-Jul-11 16:48:59

Nooooo. I was a Touche Eclat devotee until GetOrf introduced me to By Terry Touche Velouteé from Space NK. Terry is the cleverclogs who created Touche Eclat, but TV is bigger and better than TE at coverage. The texture is divine too. I'm fair skinned and it's a great colour pour moi. £33 but worth it as its much bigger than TE.

MissFoodie Thu 14-Jul-11 16:58:54

touche eclat is for reflecting and highlighting, not concealing - for dark circles either Bobbi Brown or RMS if you're going for skin friendly make up;

plus, touche eclat plus flash photography is a no no....!

cyb Thu 14-Jul-11 17:14:28

Its HOW you put concealer on that counts

The triangle method is tried and tested and really works

Has made BIG difference to how apparent my shadows are

she waffles on for a bit but technique is god. I only do it with benefit Boing in shade 1 then set with translucent

AmaraDresden Thu 14-Jul-11 17:58:10

I'm with Ms Foodie, it's a brightener/highlighter and light bounces off it when you have flash photography taken, leading to you looking like you fell asleep in the sun with sunglasses on... I actually use Bourjois Healthy Mix and like it a lot, but you can always search for reviews on products, I do all the time.

AmaraDresden Thu 14-Jul-11 17:58:10

I'm with Ms Foodie, it's a brightener/highlighter and light bounces off it when you have flash photography taken, leading to you looking like you fell asleep in the sun with sunglasses on... I actually use Bourjois Healthy Mix and like it a lot, but you can always search for reviews on products, I do all the time.

skyebluepink Thu 14-Jul-11 19:08:44

As everyone said- touché is for highlighting and it's too chalky and reflective for much else. To cover shadows you need a creamy concealer that matches your skin and a setting powder or a pen like by Terry.
Almer I've tried that bourgeois healthy mix and I Like it. But the foundAtion. Not concealer.

Awomancalledhorse Thu 14-Jul-11 20:32:28

Damn. I knew if I asked here all you 'wonderful' helpful people would suggestion a million different things I could try, my purse doesn't thank you but I do!

Will look into every suggestion, in the name of research of course grin

blossoming Thu 14-Jul-11 20:43:41

I recommend the bobbi brown too. They have loads of different shades and are bound to have one that suits your complexion. I think I was mis-sold Touche Eclat. I wonder if there's compensation out there? wink

Awomancalledhorse Thu 14-Jul-11 20:55:48

To prove that I need to find something; I've been expermenting with some sample concealers/foundations today, DH has just got in from work and said 'JC, who gave you that black eye'. blush
Off to the make up counters tomorrow!

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 14-Jul-11 20:59:18

Touche Eclat is like the emperors new clothes of make up. It is a highlihter, not a concealer.

I am also v pale with purple shadows, and touche velouté (as mentioned by pinot) is da best.

defineme Thu 14-Jul-11 20:59:37

I have had touche eclat and agree it's just a highlighter.

I have a very cheap suggestion- Rimmel hide the blemish in porcelin (sp)- I apply it with a little brush and wear a tinted moisturiser ove rthe top -looks fine.

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:03:45

Este Lauder (sp?) double wear concealer smile

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Jul-11 21:06:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Jul-11 21:07:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmaraDresden Fri 15-Jul-11 11:57:11

@SkyBluePink - I've not tried the foundation as I have more than enough for now but I probably will do at some point. The concealer is fair enough for me (in winter I wear MAC NW15 foundation, so pretty pale) and it blends well while being high coverage.

I love higher end make up but find some pretty good alternatives for cheaper - nothing makes me feel like I've gotten a bargain more ;)

AmaraDresden Fri 15-Jul-11 11:57:11

@SkyBluePink - I've not tried the foundation as I have more than enough for now but I probably will do at some point. The concealer is fair enough for me (in winter I wear MAC NW15 foundation, so pretty pale) and it blends well while being high coverage.

I love higher end make up but find some pretty good alternatives for cheaper - nothing makes me feel like I've gotten a bargain more ;)

skyebluepink Fri 15-Jul-11 16:15:51

Thats interesting and good to know. I'm constantly trying new stuff. I love space NK and if I could I'd pretty much use everything from that shop but I try and be discerning. I do makeup MOTs ( sorting out makeup bags) and so it's always useful to have good high street recommendations along with the posh stuff and I'm really impressed with the healthy mix. I wonder if I'd love it more if it was from space NK!

kyacat Sun 17-Jul-11 10:30:51

I bought the Garnier caffeine anti-dark circles concealer one yesterday and wow! It really banishes the dark circles, I look much less skull-like :D Superdrug have it half price just now, £5. Thanks, DuchessEm!

DuchessEm Sun 17-Jul-11 11:38:05

Glad it has worked for you kyacat! I might have to stock up at that price! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now