Talk

Advanced search

Getting a refund?

(6 Posts)
RoseC Thu 14-Jul-11 10:19:04

Not sure where else to post this, but I'm hoping someone can help please.

Went into M&S on Monday and (for the third time in a row) have been measured incorrectly. Bras fit okay in the shop without digging in but I didn't really know what to look for (do now thanks to the bra thread!) and when I wore them it became apparent they're the wrong size. I want to return them but bra A is missing a tag (took it off as it had fitted in the shop, realised it didn't fit when I was doing the housework and fell out of it angry) and bra B is a sports bra. It's my first sports bra and, again, didn't realise it wasn't supporting me (even worse than my old non-sports bras) until I started exercising.

I have the hangers, the cardboard wrappers and the receipts. M&S website doesn't say anything about bras that have been worn, but both clearly (even to my untrained eye) have. Also a bit <boak> about returning the sports bra for a potential resale and keeping quiet about having got sweaty in it.

Does anyone know the best way to approach M&S about this please? I know attitude is 9/10 of getting a tricky refund and I'm a bit unsure about approaching this one. Can't write them off as I need the money to go to Bravissimo and get ones that fit!

BupcakesandCunting Thu 14-Jul-11 10:26:53

Marks and Spencers are usually very good about refunding. I say usually. What I would do is return them, explain that you were measured for the bras but having worn them to do day-to-day stuff, you've discovered that they don't do the job very well. Say you're really disappointed and that you have the receipt and you'd like a refund. Be firm but nice about it.

carat Thu 14-Jul-11 11:30:12

Did you wear them just for one day? They're probably not dirty/smelly, so just explain that you tried them and they don't fit.

vjg13 Thu 14-Jul-11 11:33:21

Or unpick stitching and say both were faulty! grin

RoseC Thu 14-Jul-11 22:16:41

Thank you ... I have a terrible lying face so unpicking the stitching might not work! grin

Will take a deep breath, channel my mother and will emphasise my disappointment. Called Bravissimo and have an appointment at 1pm tomorrow - they sounded lovely on the phone.

RoseC Fri 15-Jul-11 15:33:50

Update: they very begrudgingly gave me a full refund. There was a bit of hassle whereby they made me try on the ones I said I had tried at home and found not to fit (bras A+B - ones I hadn't attempted to wear were refunded no quibble). Couldn't get away with saying I hadn't worn them as the package was torn. I was kept waiting for ages whilst they found a fitter who said the bras did fit hmm but I could have a refund anyway.

Went into Bravissimo and had an evangelical bra experience... have gone down in width and up by two cups. They were so friendly and helpful - glad I found out about them on MN smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now