Talk

Advanced search

Aargh-waxing rash!

(9 Posts)
FessaEst Thu 14-Jul-11 08:41:47

I am due this week with DC2 and at my last appointment to have my eyebrows shaped, I was talked into a leg and bikini wax too (haven't bothered since DC1, just shave legs and use a bikini trimmer thing). Now (about 2 weeks later) I have a row of spots down one side of my bikini line that look awful and are really sore! What on earth can I do to help them heal? I have tried exfoliating with a mitt in case they are ingrown hairs, and moisturising, but if anything the area is now more inflamed. I am going to be so embarrassed if they all ge tinfected - could really do without this when am about to give birth. Any tips?!

rubyrubyruby Thu 14-Jul-11 08:44:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Havingkittens Thu 14-Jul-11 09:37:13

Well, they do recommend daily exfoliation to avoid ingrown hairs but maybe you were too vigorous!

I second Sudocreme. Alternatively, Aloe Vera gel, Tea Tree or Witch Hazel would probably also help.

FessaEst Thu 14-Jul-11 09:52:21

Thank you! Have smothered it in sudocreme, and am wearing DH's boxers!!

Spamspamspam Thu 14-Jul-11 10:06:55

Once healed, use talcolm powder everyday after your shower, this works a treat to stop ingrown hairs or rash. If you have a wax done again, use talc from the first day and you hopefully won't get a rash again. Allways works for me and I used to get hideous rashes/ingrown hairs.

Butterbur Thu 14-Jul-11 10:17:27

Tendskin is good for cutting down on ingrowing hairs, and also seems to reduce the redness of the spots. Not perfect. I still get some, which I can't stop digging at (am my own worst enemy here), but it's much better than it was.

Havingkittens Thu 14-Jul-11 11:22:29

But you can't use Tendskin if you're pregnant!

FessaEst Thu 14-Jul-11 20:01:55

Thanks all, sudocreme has helped, but still sore when it wears off. Can see me getting it done again, don't know what I was thinking! Will bear talc in mine though, thank you!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 14-Jul-11 21:13:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now