Talk

Advanced search

Crinkly Belly!

(25 Posts)
circlehead Wed 13-Jul-11 21:32:28

I had my 1st baby 11 months ago. Although my tummy vaguely resembles it's previous shape, the skin is still loose and crinkly. Is there anything I can use to remedy this, or is that just how it stays after pregnancy?

Butterflybows Wed 13-Jul-11 21:34:19

Whose going to be the one to break the bad news...?

Purplebuns Wed 13-Jul-11 21:36:31

Teehee I have found bio oil has helped a bit and losing a bit of weight/toning up has helped a little my end.. Please note I say a little smile

circlehead Wed 13-Jul-11 21:45:29

lol @ butterflybows grin As I suspected. Oh well!

You will hate me for saying this, but if I lose any more weight I will vanish! (breastfeeding and a LOT of stress!!) Perhaps I should try to put some weight on, fill it out a bit, haha.

circlehead Wed 13-Jul-11 21:46:50

I have bio oil from my pregnant days, I will dig it out not that I'm convinced it helped during pregnancy

LuckyMrsT Thu 14-Jul-11 00:38:16

I am doing the Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy DVD which promises to bring the skin back to the muscle to sort out lumps and bumps. I do think it's looking better and she's not annoying. I can't link from my iPod but I bought it on amazon for £8ish. Also rubbing in the Bio Oil twice daily.

Butterbur Thu 14-Jul-11 10:20:04

You need a little more belly fat to plump out the wrinkly skin. Sorry...

Elemental Thu 14-Jul-11 10:46:05

I've got the belly fat, but the wrinkly skin remains.....

Itsalljustabitweird Thu 14-Jul-11 10:58:34

Embrace it. It's the only thing for it. I am a slim size 8 and have it. I have to embrace it as the story of my life. Listen to wow a poem by Hollie mcnash (I found it via mumsnet) it will make you feel proud of your post baby body.

superv1xen Thu 14-Jul-11 16:39:09

toning up will help a little bit

but it never fully went for me sad have had 2 though.

Pinkjenny Thu 14-Jul-11 16:40:55

Mine is fat and crinkly. Do I win?

jennymac Thu 14-Jul-11 20:24:08

Sorry - same problem here. Was back in my pre-pregnancy jeans a week after birth of both babies but crinkly belly remains 3 years later!

superv1xen Thu 14-Jul-11 21:05:52

when i have finished child-bearing i am gonna have laser treatment i think.

GoodnightNobody Thu 14-Jul-11 21:08:52

I had a wrinkly belly.

I'm a little woman.

Now my wrinkly tummy is not wrinkly any more, I don't know why.

But my tits are.

circlehead Thu 14-Jul-11 22:57:07

I don't even want to think about what state my boobs will be in after breastfeeding confused

PogueMahone Thu 14-Jul-11 23:55:50

3 babies here and a bit scrawny. Tummy looks like it could do with a good iron.
But I've just listened to "WoW" by Hollie McNish and feel a bit proud of my war-wounds. Thanks Itsalljustabitweird ! I hadn't heard that before.

TillyIpswitch Fri 15-Jul-11 02:42:56

Another one with an 11 month old, still breastfed baby, a lot of stress and significant weight loss (DD and my combined weight now, at 11 months is 39 pounds less than our combined weight when she was inside me the day before I was induced; I blimped big-time during pregnancy) and the crinkly tummy shows no signs of disappearing. grin

tulpe Fri 15-Jul-11 07:33:57

On a small budget, try Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion which will improve skin tone and texture of the skin. Mama Mio Skin Tight is also an excellent product but more expensive. Regular massage of the skin will increase blood flow to the area and encourage the skin to revive itself and therefore improve appearance. Some women do find their skin improves dramatically over time - say, over 2 years post-partum. Others, like me, still have a stomach like an unmade bed 10 years on.

I have found those 2 things to be the best.....and I have pretty much tried everything out there.....until I had my tummy tuck last year.

HollieMcNish Mon 12-Sep-11 13:39:32

For anyone in the London area who wrote on this thread. All your support has led me to start a residency in Battersea Arts Centre to develop their toddler play area into a poetry stage where people with kids can come and see a gig / reading. My first days for anyone in London are here, and free: come along anytime, would be lovely to meet you..! http://www.bac.org.uk/whats-on/push-kick-scratch/ I'll be in the childrens play area on the 22nd and 23rd Sept, morning and early afternoon x

UnrequitedSkink Mon 12-Sep-11 23:01:59

Eee, I'll be there!! Might even bring the littley grin

chocolaterainbow Mon 12-Sep-11 23:42:34

Ohh I really like that poem

byanymeans Tue 13-Sep-11 08:39:45

Tummy Rubbing

FREEsmile
But requires a Spare 5-10's minutes each day......
I had to do it for a week or two before you see change. It has really helped me cut down the Crinkly Belly look.

Snap on the " (breastfeeding and a LOT of stress!!) " equals Crinkly Belly

Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 13-Sep-11 09:48:26

Love that poem! grin

i thought my tummy looked a lot better once ds turned 2 (last summer) but it turned out i was pregnant! shock grin

it's crinkly and wibbly but i am going to brave a bikini next time i take the dc swimming and will repeat my mantra of
"i am not the most wibbly here!" wink

AfternoonsandCoffeespoons Tue 13-Sep-11 14:20:06

That poem actually made me cry! It is fantastic, and I will look at my body in a totally different light now - seriously. Wish I lived closer to London - would so be there.

ladyintheradiator Tue 13-Sep-11 14:36:47

Give it more time as well. I didn't lose much weight between DS's birth and his second birthday but my tummy really improved by then. DD is 11 motnhs and I've lost the weight this time, but still wobbly crinkly and horrible on the tummy. I have hope still though........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now